I'm done with Krogers

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2600059694

December 18, 2022, 09:02 AM
Flash-LB
I'm done with Krogers
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
I've got bad news for you. Selection at Aldi's sucks, you have to bag your own and supply the bags.

Plus you have to pay a quarter to get a shopping cart and getting it back is almost impossible, so people just give their cart to whoever is walking in as they are walking out.
December 18, 2022, 06:28 PM
Schmelby
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
I've got bad news for you. Selection at Aldi's sucks, you have to bag your own and supply the bags.

Plus you have to pay a quarter to get a shopping cart and getting it back is almost impossible, so people just give their cart to whoever is walking in as they are walking out.

I can afford a quarter. When I shop I take a cart out of the corral and take it in with me.
December 18, 2022, 08:46 PM
SigM4
Around here Kroger is Dillon’s. Can’t stand the place, run down store, screwy layout, and inept employees. Missing H-E-B everyday for two years. What I wouldn’t give for Hy-Vee to come to town.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…
December 22, 2022, 03:07 PM
45 Cal
My area is eat up with those stores and I drive several more miles to one in the next town.
Introduce your self to the store manager and address your concerns,it worked for the store I spoke earlier.he got it corrected and made it my business to personally thank him
My close store [forgetaboutit]
December 23, 2022, 11:35 AM
dsiets

December 30, 2022, 05:44 PM
Lord Vaalic
Was just in there yesterday, and they had 3 lanes open, the lines were crazy. Even the self checkout lanes were closed. Ridiculous.

I used to work at Meijer a long, long time ago.

If you are at Aldi and they have the "Clancy's" brand pretzel rods, they are great when they are in stock.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
December 30, 2022, 08:30 PM
FenderBender
Winco, Wegmans, HEB, or publix cover my grocery needs wherever I might find myself.

I'm fine with that.
December 31, 2022, 05:00 AM
Schmelby
https://junglejims.com/departments/

Good Lord I forgot about Jungle Jims. Maybe the largest grocery store in
the country. The Food network has done shows on it. Alot farther away but
worth it. You can get lost in the store. 1500 brands of hot sauce. Their produce
section would take up half a Kroger store. They only have two stores.
Always has lots of cashiers, Goodbye Kroger.
January 08, 2023, 04:31 PM
cparktd
Believe it or not...

Went to Walmart Christmas Eve.
All the self check outs were CLOSED, and virtually all the regular ones were staffed and open!

I was amazed.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
January 10, 2023, 10:14 AM
SIGnified
Didn’t anybody tell all y’all… There’s no food in the grocery stores.

I mean you can put it in your mouth and chew it and poop it out…

But I’m not sure it qualifies as decent quality food anymore. I’m sourcing food much differently these days, and I don’t have to fiddle fuck around with the grocery store and the proletariat.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
January 10, 2023, 02:23 PM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

I can afford a quarter. When I shop I take a cart out of the corral and take it in with me.

I can afford a quarter also, but I don't ever carry any change with me these days so I have no way of renting a cart.
January 10, 2023, 04:51 PM
at-home-daddy
As of Jan. 1, 2023, my health insurance company removed all Kroger-owned companies from its approved network of pharmacies. No idea why, but there're no shortage of alternate pharmacies to use.
January 10, 2023, 05:10 PM
ZSMICHAEL
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Money. Found a cheaper solution.