SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Do you watch "Will it start?" videos?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you watch "Will it start?" videos? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
There are a few guys I subscribe to and watch - Diesel Creek, Dirt Perfect, ICWeld, Sonne Farms and a couple of others.

If I'm up to date on their channel and bored, I'll scope out a few "Will it start" videos. Some are good, some are just okay and the majority of them are effin' idjits.

I wonder if they're really that stupid or if they're creating drama a'la Orange County Choppers. "Gosh, I can't figure out why I have 14.x volts at the alternator and only 12.x at the battery. Why isn't it charging?"

Well gee, Scooter, maybe it's the cable under that big green blob of slime on the battery! Or possibly (gasp!) the 10 gauge wire that's hanging onto the ring terminal on the alternator stud by one strand...

Morons...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15174 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If we don't get this car to the auction on time, we're gonna lose the shop!

99.99% is made up drama for video, same for the car shows, Gas Monkey, OC Choppers, all those had the same writing and script, start a build, fight, change, find out things won't fit, won't start on the first fire ever, "oh look, over there, a disconnected ignition wire" then salvation as it gets done on time...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I like Derek Bieri of Vice Grip Garage.

He does some "will it start" type videos, but also covers events and a good variety of things with his family and always uses some of the vehicles he gets in the events.

He seems to be more "real" than most of the YT gar(b)age shows.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've watched quite a few Vice Grip Garage.
Don't care much for scripted shows.

Posts: 947 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I like Derek Bieri of Vice Grip Garage.

That guy is hilarious and very entertaining

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I’ll watch Roadkill but that’s about all.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8064 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I enjoy Mustie1's videos but I really have to be bored because they're usually pretty long.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
I enjoy Mustie1's videos but I really have to be bored because they're usually pretty long.

This is the guy to watch if you want to see how to re-hab a carburetor of any type. Seems like a guy you would like to have a personal friend. He's done some pretty interesting projects and seems to be doing pretty well off the you tube gig. He used to work out of his garage at home but now has a pretty nice shop and some useful equipment. Honestly though, have not watched his videos for a while.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:

I've watched a few of his. One thing I don't get is his fascination with getting a one-lung engine to idle at RPM's you can count on your fingers.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15174 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
^^^^

He does seem to have a fondness for the one-lungers. Some of them have been really old historical relics though and I enjoyed those.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I like Jimmy's World. He does a "Will it start" video every once in awhile. He does airplanes that have sat for a long time.

Posts: 11146 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post