SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Websites that email aggressively, my warning is Touch Of Modern. Add yours.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Websites that email aggressively, my warning is Touch Of Modern. Add yours. Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll throw Gunbroker under the bus for sending me 2-3 emails a day, instead of the 1 really useful one a month with the instructional videos and articles.

(edit) Gunbroker advertisers, if you're reading here I NEVER READ ANY when emails become nothing more than nuisance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: preten2b,

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
teaparty.org.

Or at least, some email sender that purports to be them. I get up to 10 "BREAKING NEWS FROM THE TEA PARTY" emails PER DAY from those clowns, and their unsubscribe doesn't work. I'm not averse to their cause, which is the only reason I haven't sent this off for CAN-SPAM prosecution - instead I just have my gmail spam filter shitcan everything from that domain.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dang, that was a show-stopper. Razz

Welcome to my world. Frown

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Midway and Brownells have been making Palmetto State Armory look tame this silly season.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Kill
Picture of Wyatt_jr
posted Hide Post
SOG knives,
If I click on something in an email they send a follow up email "You were checking this out, still interested?"
That kind of crap prevents me from clicking on something the next time.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Chester County, PA | Registered: March 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This season I've been getting inundated by Best Buy, Walmart and Wilson's Leather. Two-times-per-day for each of them.

Luckily, I'm using a utility on my Linux box called "procmail" that I can configure to deal with email based on highly-configurable rules. I have all advertisement email going to an "Adverts" folder automatically. That folder is only checked by the mail client on my desktop.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Harbor Freight and any cigar vendor you ever purchase from.

JR cigars - I get at least 2 emails from them a day. I got through about 60 sticks a year (2 - 30 packs) and my history should show that I haven't purchased anything else from them in years...

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post