SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Another nice evening ruined, had to close the windows, someone is smoking pot, again.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another nice evening ruined, had to close the windows, someone is smoking pot, again. Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Couple of years back out riding a motorcycle with friends in Scottsdale the smell of Skunk Weed was everywhere, seemed like every other car had a window cracked or down and smoke rolling like Cheech and Chong.

Smells like a dog that had been rolling in shit, then squirted by a skunk, then rolled in the water in the bottom of a dumpster that was used to throw out diapers from a geriatric home full of incontinent elderly people who just ate at Taco Bell.

Posts: 23461 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Only cigarette smoke smells bad to me.
Cigar, weed, BBQ smoke ... all good.

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
What laws should the states ignore next.

that's going to be quite a list
I'll start, can't buy/sell raw milk

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Smells like a dog that had been rolling in shit, then squirted by a skunk, then rolled in the water in the bottom of a dumpster that was used to throw out diapers from a geriatric home full of incontinent elderly people who just ate at Taco Bell.
Big Grin Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30682 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all the reason not to have neighbors. i have gotten used to no close houses. we can see the next house down the road during the winter.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:
all the reason not to have neighbors. i have gotten used to no close houses. we can see the next house down the road during the winter.

My wife and I moved to our house in Florida in 1999. The idea was to find a place to live for the first few years and then find a piece of land to build our "retirement" house on. We bought the house because it was a brand new build and not that expensive compared to where we moved from. We paid $76,000 dollars for a 1000sq home.
It was in a development with a HOA, something new to us.

At the time the area was still very very rural. Behind my neighbors house and up and down the highways there were acers and acers of orange groves. Also the area still had acers and acers of cattle. Traffic was almost non existent.
In 2004 we started looking for land but by that time the price had gone up significantly so we held off.

Since then our little rural part of Florida has turned into a major metropolis. The county we live in has almost doubled in population in the last 25 years from around 450,000 to almost 800,000 people. A good part of that is within a 25 mile radius of where we live.

The other day I had an appointment 13 miles from my house and it took almost 45 minutes to get there. My wife drives 23 miles to work and in the morning it is a 45 minute ride in, and a 1 to 1.5 hour ride home.

When my in-laws retired they moved from New Jersey to the mountain's of rural Tennessee. While we were visiting one year we fell in love with the area so we talked to a real-estate agent and eventual purchased 3.5 aches of land on a mountain.

Even in the winter we can't see our neighbors homes. We are hoping within the next eight or nine years to be able to move.

Then, hopefully no more pot smells in the neighborhood.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 71 TRUCK,

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
It's strong enough that I've noticed it just from a car driving by. And, since Maine legalized it, it's EVERYWHERE!

Same here in RI

Posts: 1539 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
OP, it sure reads like it isn’t so much the smell that bothers you, but that’s a reminder of people doing something you don’t like, especially when you start with the whole “federally illegal” thing. Can’t use your pool because your neighbor smokes dope on his back porch… do you realize how silly that sounds?

quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Because I have been told that Skunk Weed really is that bad.

I’ve also been told all kinds of silly shit that didn’t bear out to actual scrutiny.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
OP, it sure reads like it isn’t so much the smell that bothers you, but that’s a reminder of people doing something you don’t like, especially when you start with the whole “federally illegal” thing. Can’t use your pool because your neighbor smokes dope on his back porch… do you realize how silly that sounds?

quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Because I have been told that Skunk Weed really is that bad.

I’ve also been told all kinds of silly shit that didn’t bear out to actual scrutiny.

First and foremost the smell makes me sick to my stomach. It is the kind of smell to me that even tho I close the windows I can still smell it because it lingers.

As far as not being able to using my back yard I don't think it sounds silly at all. Imagine if someone's septic system in your neighborhood was always overflowing and all you smelled in your neighborhood was shit. I am sure that would make for a fun evening in the pool. Lets say you said something to the neighbor and they told you, "tough deal with it" I am sure you would not be happy about that.
If people want to smoke that shit all they have to do is smoke it in their own house, but they don't want the smell in their house so they smoke it out side.

As far as it being illegal, It is but it was never mentioned in my first post but was brought up in my reply to your post. I complained about the smell before I even mentioned the legal aspect.

The reason I even mentioned the legal part of it was because part of what I posted "The problem is, if I were to call the Sherriff I would be told their is nothing they can do about it."

I also mentioned that people should call their congressman to get the law changed. That would not change the issue in my neighborhood so that part does not matter.

Sometimes when people smoke pot they end up effecting other peoples lives. Weather they know it or not. Some people don't want to be involved but they have no choice because of other peoples actions.
I mention this because it has become a big problem on the roads around here. I look at it the same as drinking and driving. Over the year's as a firefighter I have pried to many cars away from the victim's of impaired drivers.

Or once again maybe I am just an old fuddy duddie Wink

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate the smell. I find it nauseating as does the OP. I can unequivocally state I think MJ should be federally legal if only because the current morass of state and federal laws is judicially unseemly. It should be legal or illegal. We are past that point and it should be legal. Of course that means your cop, lawyer, brain surgeon, airline pilot might have used it the night before. If it's ok for the barista it should be ok for the guy transplanting your heart valve. Or it isn't.

Yea, awful smell. Wife has a medical card and recently bought buds and opened them in our bathroom. Rarely do I put my foot down but on this one I did. It smelled in there for HOURS and she only opened the package. UGH.

Posts: 7508 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:

Is the high school nearby? Big Grin

Did the pic make me want to try weed? No.

Did the pic make me want Oscar Mayer hot dogs? Yes!

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I tried marijuana once. I inhaled but didn't like it.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post