SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    “Weary” vs. “wary”
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Weary” vs. “wary” Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
They’re not the same.

Weary=profoundly tired

Wary=cautious

Thank you.

Posts: 27149 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not to worry.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8522 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Can i be weary of being wary?

Or wary of being weary?

Or wary and weary?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13069 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"Bear" vs "bare". "Bar" vs "bar". "Arm" vs "arm".

Barring some unforeseen obstacle, I will pick up the bear with my bare hands then bear it on my shoulders, bearing my arm on the right hand, while baring my left arm, and go to the bar. Razz

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
This seems like an easy one, can we blame some on ‘auto-fill’?

Even there, their & they’re aren’t to bad.

Once you get to effect & affect, I start to get confused. Well, you know what I was trying to type.

Posts: 6377 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
The one I see a lot lately is using lead as the past tense of lead. Led is is correct.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5520 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
"Bear" vs "bare". "Bar" vs "bar". "Arm" vs "arm".

Barring some unforeseen obstacle, I will pick up the bear with my bare hands then bear it on my shoulders, bearing my arm on the right hand, while baring my left arm, and go to the bar. Razz
...to celebrate passing The Bar. Wink

Posts: 2700 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
But would it be a "mute" point now like a co-worker likes to say? I don't have the heart to correct him as he's like 15 years my senior and should know better.

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know someone who constantly gets these words confused. It drives me crazy.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3625 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
This argument will be hard to diffuse.....

One of the folks I work for refers to things that are adjusted related to past occurrences as "corrected in the rears". This is difficult.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12641 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

Even there, their & they’re aren’t to bad.

Once you get to effect & affect, I start to get confused. Well, you know what I was trying to type.

Isn't that a gray area? Or is it grey?

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

The guy who invented auto-fill died yesterday. His funnel will be tomato.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Bear" vs "bare".
While in a "chat" with a woman for support on credit union's website, she apologized for the delay and asked me to "bare with her."

I told her that my wife would not approve.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Maybe she really meant what she wrote. Razz

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

"Bear" vs "bare".
While in a "chat" with a woman for support on credit union's website, she apologized for the delay and asked me to "bare with her."

I told her that my wife would not approve.

Woah-let’s just hit the “breaks” here!

Posts: 3005 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
But would it be a "mute" point now like a co-worker likes to say? I don't have the heart to correct him as he's like 15 years my senior and should know better.

It's moo.

Posts: 7380 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget wiry.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In like Flynn or in like flint…
Just had that discussion, google said it was grey.

Posts: 223 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We all agree, so I guess that makes it anonymous.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Eeeby-deeeby-da.

Posts: 6775 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post