SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dodge Journey battery location
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dodge Journey battery location Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I still can't figure out why fuel pumps are now inside the gas tank.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4136 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Durango had its battery.... Under the front passenger seat.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
My Durango had its battery.... Under the front passenger seat.

Yeah I remember that when my wife had a Durango. Actually when I went to jump the Journey and saw the battery wasn't under the hood my first thought was that it was under the passenger seat. Boy was I wrong.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
7 years and 4 months is unheard of in a battery these days (well at least in my area of the country it is).

I'm probably going to jinx myself for mentioning this but my 2013 Tundra is still running on the OEM battery.

You probably have a made in japan battery. Unavailable to purchase in US. My 2008 Highlander's oem battery went 9 years so when it went, i figured id buy the same one. No luck.

Those Japanese made Panasonics are the bomb diggity! I wish you could get them here outside of buying a new vehicle.
And I am not sure they are even being put in cars not made in Japan anymore.
The dealer replacement batteries are trash.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it is a problem in General with any Dodge or Chrysler product. I had to replace a starter in my son's Nitro a couple weeks ago and I had to buy a couple tools-ratcheting box wrench set, in order to get to the mounting bolts. I don't know who designed the cars but they should be fired out of a real cannon.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The battery on my Audi A6 was getting a bit weak. Took it to the shop and was asked where the battery was. I said in a box in the engine compartment near the windshield. Wrong, it was in the trunk somewhere. Can hardly wait until the timing belts go on the wife's 3.6 V6 engine in her GMC. looks like about $2,500. Frequent oil changes seem to be the answer. I use fully synthectic, never go past 5000 miles. Keeping fingers crossed.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dodge Journey battery location

You had me at "Dodge Journey." Razz A number of other Chrysler vehicles also have the battery in this location.

The engine known as "Ecotec" used in a number of GM vehicles has a fun water pump.

I have done a few of these myself. Why the fuck a wear item (it can't be lubricated by the engine oil, so will inevitably fail at some point) is made so ridiculously difficult is beyond me. I am fortunate to be fully retiring soon. I don't like fixing this shit any more than clients like paying for it.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I think it is a problem in General with any Dodge or Chrysler product. I had to replace a starter in my son's Nitro a couple weeks ago and I had to buy a couple tools-ratcheting box wrench set, in order to get to the mounting bolts. I don't know who designed the cars but they should be fired out of a real cannon.

It’s more a thing of designing with ease of manufacturing combined with smaller vehicles with limited access that has brought us to where we are at today.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8108 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To heck with saluting the battery, you’re the one who deserves it. You’re one hell of a friend! Outstanding.

Posts: 960 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MMSIG229:

The battery on my Audi A6 was getting a bit weak. Took it to the shop and was asked where the battery was. I said in a box in the engine compartment
My 2020 Ford Escape was in the shop for routine oil change etc. I got a notification via the Ford App on my iPhone, telling me that remote functions had been shut down to conserve battery power.

Pretty sure that this was the original battery, so I sent a text to the tech at the shop asking if they could do a load test on the battery, got a reply asking me to bring it in.

Tech evidently did not recognize me as the sender of the inquiry, so I went into Smart-Ass Mode and told him to look under the hood, driver side, back near the firewall, for a fairly large box-like thing with a couple electric cables attached to it. After a pause, the reply came back: "Is this V-Tail?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I just replaced the battery in my 2016 Mazda CX-9. Amazed at how easy it was, right in front and the terminal post nuts were angled properly to make using a small socket a breeze.

I sold a nice dodge convertible because of the battery location behind the wheel.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Any engineer who puts a starter under the intake should be dragged from the building and beaten.

(beaten with the dead body of the guy who put them inside the bell housing)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I was trying to purchase my LeSaber from a dealer.

While scoping out under the hood , I decided to check the condition of the battery.

And, no battery.

I asked my salesman where to find it and he had to go to service and we both found out that it's under the back seat cushion.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54648 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Any engineer who puts a starter under the intake should be dragged from the building and beaten.

(beaten with the dead body of the guy who put them inside the bell housing)

Found it!

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post