SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    How about using real names for people in the news?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about using real names for people in the news? Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
So we started with "Dances With Wolves", then came "Runs With Scissors", and now we have "Showers With Children". Yikes. Things are going downhill in a hurry.

Posts: 7442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Who is getting called a Bathroom fixture?

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7660 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Who is getting called a Bathroom fixture?

Biden --> Bidet

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
In my opinion using their name gives them credibility they don’t deserve

I call them what they are.

Posts: 53888 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it juvenile and annoying. Should have ended in Junior High.

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I find it juvenile and annoying. Should have ended in Junior High.

+1

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6781 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'm calling out their actions, using my words. Not name-calling.

If I were doing what this thread is about, it would involve complaining about (for example) "crapper189" or "enstinkmatic"...

You’re using your words to express displeasure with how others on the forum choose to use their words. Not just you of course.

We don’t separate actions from people like we do arguments. Attack the argument, not the person, right?.

It is not the same with a person’s actions. People are defined by their actions. Attacking a person’s actions is attacking the person. When you call a person’s word choices infantile, you are in fact calling some portion of the person infantile. That’s name calling. When a person chooses to call Biden, Bidet, that person is name calling as well.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post