SIGforum
Car washes that don't reattach floor mats

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2300083144

May 05, 2018, 01:48 PM
Sigmund
Car washes that don't reattach floor mats
Always check!! It happened today, but I knew enough to check. This was a costly wash, the kind I get only in the spring mainly to get the undercarriage cleaned off.

Honda CRVs have snaps for the rubber mats (BTW, the Honda mats are crap compared to Weathertech) and a few years ago a place in KC MO failed to secure the mats in my daughter's car. Somehow my foot pushed the mat forward to cause a runaway accelerator, amazingly I was smart enough to put it into neutral and then curse.

If your car wash/detailer removes your floor mats, check to ensure they're snapped back in!
May 06, 2018, 06:54 AM
Ronin1069
I’ll give you a +1 on this topic. They NEVER take the time to latch my 4-Runner mats down -

I always (ahead of time) tip the guys who do the initial vacuume and wipe down- seem to get a cleaner truck back that way.

Just kind of accepted the Mat thing. But now that you bring it up, I am going to talk to the manager when I stop there later this afternoon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
May 06, 2018, 03:53 PM
rtquig
In the 3 seasons I was our vehicles myself. In the winter when I go to the car wash, I make it a point to show the floor mats are fastened. So far they do a good job and don't take them out but they are not as clean as they could be. It is good enough though.

Living the Dream
May 08, 2018, 12:14 AM
NK402
Forget replacing them, on my wife's 2014 Mazda CX-5, they'd never be able to remove them. I had to jerry-rig a tool to do it with and I still end up cursing.