SIGforum
TSA regulation regarding taking snacks on planes

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2280096224

April 14, 2017, 12:11 PM
Elk Hunter
TSA regulation regarding taking snacks on planes
I am flying next week, I think my reservation seats me in the cattle car section.

My question is, I would like to take a small bag of mixed nuts on board in my carry on bag.

Wife says TSA will not allow it.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Given that I am flying cattle car rate, the airline is not likely to provide much in the way of sustenance.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
April 14, 2017, 12:12 PM
arfmel
My bride always carries snacks (nuts, crackers, etc) on the plane with her and there has never been an issue. And we usually fly on United, since they're our only choice for a direct flight to Denver from Midland.
April 14, 2017, 12:13 PM
Aeteocles
Food is ok.

I travel with food allllll the time. I never buy food on the airplane and will bring on entire meals if I have to.

The only restriction to look out for is liquids--including dressings, apple sauce, pudding, etc. The 3.4 oz limit still applies.
April 14, 2017, 12:23 PM
parabellum
You just need to conceal them on err in your person. I believe there's a prison term for this...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
April 14, 2017, 12:25 PM
RobLew
You really only have to worry about getting past security. Once through you can buy whatever and bring it on. The gate people don't check.

...that I will support
and defend...
April 14, 2017, 12:52 PM
Fredward
As one of the resident corrections experts, I refer to the term, "kiester." It is a verb, and the method of concealment referred to.
April 14, 2017, 01:06 PM
parabellum
Elk Hunter, if you post a thread in the wrong section, ask a staff member to move the thread. Do not start a new thread in a different section.