SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FedEx ID scan to get a P320 slide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx ID scan to get a P320 slide Login/Join 
posted
Ordered a P320 slide (no barrel) from Sig direct. They sent it adult signature required. What the? And it’s not just a signature, they want to scan your ID as proof that you’re over 21. Double WT&? I told the driver, no I’m not giving FedEx a copy of all the information on my driver’s license. Looking at it is fine, but not scanning it. Went back and forth for a while, and he finally said I could enter my birth date manually on his little pad. I did (gave a fake birthdate) and then signed it.

What a bunch of BS from Sig and FedEx just to get a slide. I’ve gone through less to have a suppressor delivered via UPS from Capitol Armor.

Posts: 3421 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m in a very low crime area, porch pirates don’t exist. I don’t like scheduling to be around for a package signature. At my place FedEx has an almost all day delivery window.

I can see some from their point of view though, ’delivered’ packages that are later reported missing. With that being the case, they move to signature required.

I had a relative that sold on eBay, more as a hobby than big $$. There was an occasional package where tracking showed delivered, but was reported missing by the buyer. They would swear they never received it. This was lower cost items, $10 or so. The usual protocol was to refund the $$ then block as a future buyer.

If a signature is required and I may not be home, I’ll usually have it help at a drop point with good hours, Walgreens, then pick it up when able.

Posts: 6435 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I imagine the level of thefts and “I didn’t get that” claims drive such policies. More and more I see “signature required” on shipments, and because of the way most people are evidently capable of writing anything these days, including their names, a signature is literally worthless. I’ve known people for years who bragged about their signatures being nothing more than an illegible scrawl*. One theft method is to follow a delivery truck until it stops and then run up saying, “Hey, I just got home. I’ll take that.” “I need a signature.” “Sure,” and something meaningless.

Expect having to prove one’s identity to become more common in the future, not less.

* Hint from Heloise: Such a “signature” doesn’t make it hard to forge; on the contrary.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47751 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post