SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Go paperless extortion
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go paperless extortion Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the only hiccup I see with paperless billings and auto-pay is the ability for agencies to tinker and manipulate the fees and charges slowly increasing them and unless you pay absolute attention you'll not notice that your bill creeps up every month

They have to send a new agreement if they tinker with fees or rates. You realize you should read those, right?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53226 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of our investment companies decided to go paperless, no more statements in the mail. Called our financial advisor, told him we would be shifting all of our investment funds to another company.

My regular quarterly and annual statements still arrive in the mail, now printed out by our rep's staff and mailed to us.

One of our banks decided to go paperless, internet access only for statements and a fee for having someone look up history, checks, deposits, etc. The banker dude was not particularly happy when we moved 6 figures to another bank, leaving only a $100 savings account balance for them to continue servicing. When the mood strikes me I like to go into the lobby, deposit or withdraw a few bucks, then review my transaction receipt.

I still have never used a ATM.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1110 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post