SIGforum
Gas Station Etiquette...Again...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2220053384

July 11, 2021, 03:40 PM
PHPaul
Gas Station Etiquette...Again...
Just put 100-ish miles on the FJ.

Found to my great pleasure that two of my favorite roads have been or are being repaved. Great ride with twisties and lots of scenery but the surface had been going to pot for 2-3 years and last year one of them was just torture to ride. All nice new pavement now tho!

Had a temporary loss of composure at the gas station. Lines at every pump and the douche bag millennial couple in front of me decided that was the perfect place to unpack and repack their hatchback full of camping gear and groceries. Choosing words that left no room for interpretation, I pointed out that there was an ENTIRE PARKING LOT right behind them to do that, rather than blocking a pump.

May not have used my inside voice, couldn't tell for sure, had my hearing aids out and my earplugs in...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
July 11, 2021, 03:44 PM
Nismo
How did they respond?
July 11, 2021, 03:45 PM
PHPaul
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
How did they respond?

I think he may have dampened his onsies...

Actually, some limp-dicked excuse about how they hadn't noticed the pump had shut off.

Dude...it was off when I pulled up behind you, and it was still off when the guy on the other side left and I cranked up and rode around the island to fill up, and it was STILL off when I was done filling up and rode away.

July 11, 2021, 06:55 PM
cruiser68
Completely self-absorbed.
July 11, 2021, 07:19 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:...
May not have used my inside voice, couldn't tell for sure, had my hearing aids out and my earplugs in...

Im'a bet you spoke fluent sailor...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
July 11, 2021, 07:27 PM
rburg
I wish you'd share some of the terms you used here. I could use a refresher course in improper verbs.

Unhappy ammo seeker
July 11, 2021, 08:33 PM
whanson_wi
I bet conjugalating verbs were involved.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
July 11, 2021, 09:01 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
conjugalating verbs

(Snicker!) Big Grin

God bless America.
July 11, 2021, 10:05 PM
jimmy123x
The world needs more people like you. The general public keeps getting dumber and dumber and everyone's too afraid of not being politically correct these days.
July 12, 2021, 03:23 AM
Prefontaine
They have zero situational awareness and lack the ability to think. You can thank their parents and teachers, and social media, that they are all cracked out on (biggest bullshit ever invented). All of it has taught them to be narcissists. How spethial they are. They lack the ability to think or just don’t care.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
July 12, 2021, 04:43 AM
PHPaul
Actually, contrary to my usual practice, I didn't use any language I wouldn't use in front of a preacher.

It seemed to me, after observing their demeanor, that simply being spoken to in anything less than adoring terms would be shock enough to their system.

He sort of mumbled and stumbled, but she gave me a classic Greta Thunberg "How DARE you" look. By then I'd closed my helmet so she didn't see the grin on my face...

July 12, 2021, 08:53 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Actually, contrary to my usual practice, I didn't use any language I wouldn't use in front of a preacher.
Wait . . . You're saying that you did not describe their ancestry, nor their sexual and sanitary habits?

I don't think that you are a REAL Chief.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
July 12, 2021, 09:28 AM
MMSIG229
Really annoying when they fill up, then go inside to do their grocery shopping!!!And buy lottery tickets!!!!
July 12, 2021, 09:37 AM
RogueJSK
For anyone else trying to figure out why you'd need earplugs and a helmet to drive a SUV...

In addition to the old Land Cruiser FJs and the newer FJ abomination (both of which are SUVs), there's apparently also a Yamaha FJ that is a motorcycle. Big Grin
July 12, 2021, 09:38 AM
PHPaul
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Wait . . . You're saying that you did not describe their ancestry, nor their sexual and sanitary habits?

I don't think that you are a REAL Chief.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I THOUGHT most of those things, and a few besides. Big Grin

July 12, 2021, 11:02 AM
mcrimm
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
For anyone else trying to figure out why you'd need earplugs and a helmet to drive a SUV...

In addition to the old Land Cruiser FJs and the newer FJ abomination (both of which are SUVs), there's apparently also a Yamaha FJ that is a motorcycle. Big Grin

I had a 1976 FJ and you darn near needed earplugs with that tank. Helmet was optional.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
July 12, 2021, 12:06 PM
PHPaul

July 12, 2021, 12:21 PM
drill sgt
You should have taken a video of them and their plates and then informing the there was no expectation of privacy in public and you would be posting the pictures on many sites with the reason of them being the north end of a south bound mule spoiled bratts for starters. Stop thinking of only themselves but we know that ain't going to happen inn this lifetime. Also should have use your outside excited senior master chief"s voice. ................................. drill sgt.
July 12, 2021, 01:14 PM
Flash-LB
Most people don't live in the moment.

Years ago I was on a job in Southern Kali and there was a bomb threat at the Ontario Airport. As a result, we had to wait outside the terminal for a couple of hours while they had bomb sniffing dogs go over the whole place.

When they opened the airport again, there was a line a couple of hundred yards long in front of me and I needed to catch my plane in a half hour. Figured I'd never make it.

Airport workers started going down the line with megaphones telling everyone to keep moving and if the person in front of you stopped, just go around them and keep going.

I was in the airport and through security 15 minutes later and had passed probably 90% of the people in the line who couldn't figure out how to get off their cell phones, pick up their stuff and start walking.
July 12, 2021, 02:02 PM
PHPaul
@ Flash-LB...

That is AWESOME! Can't imagine that happening today without major repercussions.