SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hate chrome browser refresh function
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hate chrome browser refresh function Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
It’s painful typing on a phone.

So I’m really hating the phone chrome browser function that refreshes the screen if you pull down the window. And you have to move the window around if you want to see what you’re typing since the window doesn’t follow the cursor anymore.

I’ve lost a number of paragraphs of text because of this. They removed the delete function as a way to page back in the pc browser version. Well same shit here except worse since I’m not trying to do anything except see what I’m typing. By the way, bring back the delete key as back page please.

Stupid ass developers.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13088 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Have you tried another browser? I don't seem to have your problem using Firefox or the Samsung browser beta on my Android phone and tablet. A plus for the Samsung Internet Browser beta is that you can add an ad blocker extension that actually works.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My back key still goes back a page.

Posts: 13063 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
My back key still goes back as well.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3574 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
So I’m really hating the phone chrome browser function that refreshes the screen if you pull down the window.

This happens with every browser I have on my S7 edge (samsung browser, FF) as well as many other apps (FB, mobile banking, weather app, email client).

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1766 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Yea, the pull down refresh is actually handy in general.

But it's been a repeated cause of pain for me when doing things like typing into the reply window here on SF. I've lost countless responses because of it.

It needs to be more context aware. And the text editing capability needs to be more intelligent so that I don't need to shrink/expand/move the window constantly to see what I'm typing.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13088 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
In my experience with the Pixel I just moved to 2 weeks ago, Chrome's refresh can be canceled. If you notice the little ball coming down you can ease your finger back up and it won't refresh.

If you start by moving your finger horizontally before going down it won't attempt to refresh. I just tested it 4 times on my phone.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3374 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post