SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    1st World Problem #697;community microwave timers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1st World Problem #697;community microwave timers Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Let the time run out when you heat something. Or clear it before vacating the area. Don’t leave 8 seconds on there.
Now I have to punch an extra button (after trying to punch in a time first) so I can heat something up.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Whenever I go to my mothers house, I take note of the microwave timer as it's always carrying the balance of the last thing she nuked. ALWAYS.
Drives me nuts, and I dont use microwaves.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Had a cat years ago that would jump on top of the countertop unit I had, then sort of "walk" down the front of it with her front paws. She turned it on more than once.

She's the reason I always keep a cup of water in the microwave even when I'm not using it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
And if your lunch smells like Bigfoot’s dick, eat it at home.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

I don’t think I want to know HOW you know what Bigfoot’s dick smells like…. Big Grin

Posts: 1693 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:

I don’t think I want to know HOW you know what Bigfoot’s dick smells like…. Big Grin
I don't know, but maybe it smells something like burnt popcorn.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
quote:

I've seen some things, man. And some stuff.

Don't recommend it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

Had some Philippino workers that used to nuke their lunch at a place I worked at.

It was a very pungent odor, not something people liked smelling though...

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My assistant is Vietnamese.

He is being passive aggressive and has been doing annoying shit like microwaving foul smelling foods. It was so bad one day that HR actually cleared the building.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My wife has the aggravating habit of heating something in the microwave and wandering off. Microwave beeps every 10 seconds after done until it drives me nuts.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Wally is my hero.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A guy I used to work with said he walked in the shop kitchen one day and the MW was running with nothing in it . Ed , the other warehouseman was sitting at the table . He said " Ed , why is the MW running ? " Ed said " I'm preheating it .."
True story .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Thanks for the Dilbert. My best friend, who passed away last year from Cancer, and I worked together for many years.

At our first job together, one of the guys he supervised passed away.

HR (the moron office) kept sending him memos that he must conduct an exit interview with the dead guy.

My friend kept ignoring those requests, and the dingbat office of HR kept requesting an exit interview with the dead guy.

Our supervisor walked up one day and stated that now HR the stupid office was on his ass about this exit interview and why was it not done?

My friend replied "Well, you know he's dead, and thus I can't provide an exit interview".

Long story made short, for awhile our supervisor and HR the imbecile department kept going back and forth with the exit interview request.

Finally, one day, the big big boss came up and asked WHY in the hell didn't the exit interview get done?

Well, Sir, the employee is dead, and we kept telling them that, and as our supervisor as well kept telling them that.

The Big Big Boss, actually the GM of the company, muttered something, turned red in the face, started to talk off, then turned back around and said, "I don't care if you have to fake it and make one up, just give those fools what they ask for".

So we did. He and I giggled at what we perceived the GM's reluctance to tell HR the ignoramus department to forget about it, and that you can NOT get an exit interview from a dead person, and to just make one up. So we did, we made one up and sent it to HR.

Never again was a word heard about the incident. HR became king of the company. (FWIW we were a local family owned national company with around 3,000 employees, not exactly small potatoes).

To end this story with a happy ending, my friend decided to write this up in a letter and send it to Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert.

A month or so went by and one day my friend came into work and showed everybody the autographed Dilbert book that Mr Adams had sent him. The inside front cover featured a hand written note from Mr Adams stating that was one of the funniest things he'd ever heard and thanks for sharing it with him, and please enjoy the book.

We kept laughing about this (with all due respect for the no longer with us employee).

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
My wife has the aggravating habit of heating something in the microwave and wandering off. Microwave beeps every 10 seconds after done until it drives me nuts.

Thanks God ours doesn't do that. We get 3 beeps, and then nothing after that.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Re OKCGene's post about the exit interview with the dead guy -- I am enough of an asshole that I would have sent HR a photo of the gravesite.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

You're both lucky. Our current MW, from Samsung, I believe, beeps out a freaking SONG when it's done and then repeats that every 30 seconds or so until you open the door. An honest-to-God electronic melody.

It's a happy little tune, but it's still annoying as hell. As is the inability to program times in anything other than 10 second increments.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Re OKCGene's post about the exit interview with the dead guy -- I am enough of an asshole that I would have sent HR a photo of the gravesite.

They'd probably have sent it back saying it was in the wrong size or file format to be accepted by their system.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I’ve stopped re-entering date, time, year, am-pm, night light, and all the other preferences…. 5 power outages in the last 3 weeks.

Makes me want to replace it with an old- timey one with a single manual timer dial, and a bell that dinged once when done.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

You're both lucky. Our current MW, from Samsung, I believe, beeps out a freaking SONG when it's done and then repeats that every 30 seconds or so until you open the door. An honest-to-God electronic melody.

It's a happy little tune, but it's still annoying as hell. As is the inability to program times in anything other than 10 second increments.

-Rob
Samsung is Korean . I used to work with a guy that lived in Korea for a year . He said every damn appliance played a tune . Washer , dryer , oven , hell even the toilet . Said it was annoying at times .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post