SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Dentist said "you will get routine X-rays or else......
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Dentist said "you will get routine X-rays or else...... Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Profitable, not profitable, whatever. There is no way on God's green Earth that I would tolerate a physician telling me "You will do (whatever), or else." I'd be on my feet and out of that office as fast as I could settle my bill and the doctor would get a hearty "FUCK YOU" on the way out. You're not releasing me, motherfucker, I am releasing you. Where I live, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an MD, OD, DDS or whatever. Some people treat physicians as if they're God Almighty. I am not one of those people. Body mechanics are not deities.

Fuck you and your ultimatums and cram your "or else" as far up your ass as you can get it.

You wanna push my buttons? Pull some shit like that when I am PAYING you for services, and you will get a response which leaves no doubt as to how I feel about that kind of bullshit.

The only thing a physician might do which would get a faster negative response from me is if they were to ask me about "guns in the home".

Couldn't agree more. Eff you and out the door. Not sure I would stop to settle up though Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:

She told me I would be billed $60 for a no-show.
I had a similar situation, was told that I would be billed for a no-show.

My response: "I was here at the appointed time. I have been waiting for almost an hour. Please tell me, which of us is the no-show?"

I walked out and subsequently received a dunning letter from a collections agency. I sent them a standard "pound sand" reply, never heard anything again, nothing appeared on my credit report.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
As much as I grind and break my teeth, x-rays are normal for me. Since October I have broken 2 implant crowns and 1 incisor.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I get tired of being nagged about having wisdom teeth. It’s enough to make me want to change when they don’t take the hint to give it up.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From 18-24 I didn't goto the dentist. Ever. When I went when I was 25 I was told I had a small cavity and when I say small I mean he drilled for less than 3 seconds and filled it.

About that time I bought a Sonicare toothbrush. I love using it and brush more than just the 2 minute timer, 2-3x a day. Went religiously to the dentist for probably another 5-6 years and never a problem. In fact, every 6 months the hygienist would always comment on how little there was for her to do.

Then my dentist retired and the replacement guy I didn't care too much for. He wanted to push the regular X-rays and other services that made no sense to me but cost $30 for this or $80 for that. He also stopped the "no insurance" in house annual plan where I would pay $180 a year. It would include 2 cleanings and 20% off any necessary work. I stopped going and just keep using the Sonicare and the occasional floss.

Posts: 798 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Make sure your dentist isn't part of a large national dental group. Its often not obvious or advertised. There are several large companies that get smaller dentist offices to join and then basically drives them to rip people off.

When I moved to TN, I went to a local dentist, suddenly I needed a root canal, they wouldn't accept x-rays from my previous dentist, so they needed their own, etc. I was surprised by all the work I suddenly needed. After talking to my SIL who worked for a dentist she said look up if they are part of a particular dental group, and they were. She warned me they push a lot of unneeded procedures. I then asked around work and found out everyone who goes there magically needs all kinds of BS work done. I found a new dentist, and 10 years later, still no root canal needed.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
X rays are NOT a huge profit machine. The money is in crowns, bridges and implants.

I just went to the dentist today. Broke a tooth Friday. Dentist examined it, and told me, after getting a root canal, I need to have it, and the adjacent tooth crowned.

Price for crowning 2 teeth $1,730.00

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is about right. How much for the two root canals? About 1600?

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post