SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ignorant and/or Lazy Customers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ignorant and/or Lazy Customers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The monitor isn't a bad idea, I can see it working. It would save time and money. I'll talk to the boss. And no, I only vent here. I assume many of the responders are being facetious. This section is of value to me because I often get, shall we say, unbalanced when angry. Y'all are good about putting me in check and making me think about it. For that I am grateful.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I can see the customer wanting to at least know a posted price.
Making you calculate a per round price is over the top by the customer.
Agree a Monitor displaying all easily would solve both, great idea.
Keep the customer happy and sell more.
When you start hating your customers you start losing business.
Use a problem as an opportunity to improve.
YMMV

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Put a cheap calculator in front of the displayed ammo with a note card explaining how calculate the price per round.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
And these people walk among us............

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
The price is posted. The PRICE PER ROUND is not. Ammo comes in almost daily from different sources. Yes, the price varies widely, and there are perhaps 120 calibers on display. Yes, PPR can be posted and updated several times weekly. Of course, this entails labor, which involves expense, which raises the prices. When you're selling, for example, 223 at 11 bucks a box, there's simply not enough money in it to justify the expense. But hey, people want what they want, not what they're willing to pay for. Every day I hear "What's your best price?" for a gun marked up 20 bucks over cost. People bitch and whine when their preferred ammo is not in stock, apparently totally unaware of the supply chain issues. All kinds of customer service can be provided-but most people want the lowest price. The same applies to all retail. How many people pay the extra 25 cents a gallon to have gas pumped?

Anybody ever see the Price Per Cookie posted on a bag of Oreos?

The grocery stores hereabouts post the price per ounce. Much the same concept.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

The grocery stores hereabouts post the price per ounce. Much the same concept.

They might have to.

https://personal-finance.exten...-u-s-grocery-stores/

Unit pricing regulations usually require the posting of unit price per pound, ounce, etc., on supermarket shelves for each consumer commodity, along with the sales price, so that consumers can compare value more easily. ... Some states require unit pricing, and some do not.

A careful review of unit pricing regulation shows no mention of a retail outlet’s size. Rather, it seems that each state has authority to decide what unit pricing regulation it desires, if any, and regulatory differences between states are expressed in various categories of products, but the size of stores seems irrelevant. Some states require unit pricing, and some do not. The majority of retailers offer such information voluntarily.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Put a cheap calculator in front of the displayed ammo with a note card explaining how calculate the price per round.

Wait, you want them to do Algebra?

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I hope your shop doesn't collect a credit card convenience surcharge/fee or this will end up in the other thread. Smile

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

An RPN* calculator would be good. Wink
*RPN: Reverse Polish notation

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

An RPN* calculator would be good. Wink
*RPN: Reverse Polish notation

Back in the days before computers really got going, every engineer I worked with used RPN calculators.

Managers and Directors and VPs used other types of calculating devices.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
That’s funny. The only real tool a banker needs is HP12C RPN calculator. It figures all types of financial problems. Over the years clients wanted to borrow it to calculate something. First question, “Where’s the equal sign?”

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
What the hell are you guys talking about? RPN is the risk priority number. Fredward needs to post some powerpoint slides on how to perform an FMEA (he can use the monitor we discussed earlier).

This way the customer can find out how detectable the price is, depending on how much info Fredward posts (price per round, price with tax, price with tax per round, etc.)

He can then find out what the failure modes are, figure the likelihood he will buy each round, how severe the purchase will be to his wallet, and see how much control he has on purchasing it.

Once he has done that full risk assessment and determines his RPN he can decide whether the purchase makes sense.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I guess not being willing to take a few seconds and scrawl with a crayon across a piece of cardboard box top and tape it to the ammo section price per round is being lazy on the employee's part.

I hate it when an employee is either too lazy or ignorant to know the details of the products for sale in their place of employment. It's not like they are in there all day long and can learn the details or anything.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
And these people walk among us............

and they drive and they vote. Eek

Idiots! Idiots all around!

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
So you flunked math, did ya?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post