SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Etailers that use shipping as a cash cow.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Etailers that use shipping as a cash cow. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
The discounts must be for HUGE shippers. Where I work, we run over a thousand a week in shipping, and get very little discount. Lately, we've been using USPS because Fedex and UPS changed their policies, and all guns have to go overnight now. Two day is not longer acceptable to them.

Unfortunately we use usps for our shipping because ups and FedEx isn’t a feasible shipping option for small businesses shipping smaller items. Occasionally if someone orders 10 drum mags or something that requires a decent size box ups/FedEx can be a cheaper option for ground shipping, but typically can’t beat usps.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
We also used USPS the great bulk of the time. Basically always the cheapest, and the most reliable, nationally. UPS second, Fedex a distant third except for international, and then that was generally what we used the most.

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Target Sports USA offers free shipping on cases of ammo. It is heavy but comes in a box that does not require special handling and fits nicely onto a truck. A shotgun is lighter but has an odd shape.

You keep using that example, but if you have an in with UPS, I'd love to know exactly what deal it is that these sites are getting on shipping ammo, because I still maintain that shipping is stupid expensive on the other end. It's not just the customer getting screwed here. Companies offering free shipping on ammo does not mean shipping is cheap and they're making a killing on it in other sales.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post