SIGforum
Turner Classic Movies messing with release dates - why?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/1840085584

October 03, 2021, 10:49 AM
motor59
Turner Classic Movies messing with release dates - why?
This is an extremely minor rant. I know it, but it pisses me off to no end, and I cannot figure out why they do it.

I'm scrolling through the on-screen guide to see whats coming up on TCM. Monday at 3:15pm I see we have 'I Walked With a Zombie', supposedly a 2004 release starring Frances Dee. That's all I see from the thumbnail.

I'm not enamored with early 2000's zombie movies and Frances Dee doesn't sound familiar. But this is TCM, so I decide to look closer.

Turns out its a 1943 pulp classic from director Jacques Tourneur, whose other works I enjoy.

Why would TCM call this a 2004 film?

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re
October 03, 2021, 11:45 AM
2BobTanner
I just checked the TCM website and their description identifies it as 1943. I also checked my sat TV guide (Dish), and it also identifies as 1943. If your TV channel system says it is 2004, then it’s the public school-educated idiot they hired to update the listings who is responsible. Whenever there is “praise” for a particular movie, then you can be assured that the movie is a time-waster of a “turkey”.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken