SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Spray Grease Quits Spraying, 80+% Full
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spray Grease Quits Spraying, 80+% Full Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted
I usually have a can of the ‘white lithium’ spray grease in the garage, various uses.

Last Fall I bought a new can marketed by ‘Blaster Corp’. Not sure if Walmart still offers the Super Tech brand, but thought this would be a step up.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I went to use it, no squirt. Mind you this can had 80%+ of the product still inside. I saved the can deciding if I would just throw it away. I warmed it up, not even a hint of a squirt.

I looked at the Blaster warranty, then emailed them with details. He asked for the date code, picture provided. Just the other day I received a replacement can of spray grease. I’ll send a thank you email today.

Yes, a relatively minor bitch, normally I would just let it go. It bugged me since it was a fairly fresh can, with so much product unusable. My shout out is to the Blaster Corp for the replacement.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
If I had a nickel for every can of spray paint that quit spraying with half or more of the can left, I could buy a paint booth...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15237 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We used a variety of products in spray cans. When they refused to spray with plenty of stuff in the can, the guy who worked for me would remove the little spray thingy from the can, unclog it, and put it back on the can.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30682 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Yep shake everything well before use and during use. I use carb cleaner and or compressed air to back flush the nozzle.

I also keep most all old spray nozzles before throwing used up cans away. I then have several to use before cleaning nozzles.

Posts: 18035 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I did try a few things, didn’t work. It’s more like the can has no pressure than a clogged nozzle.

It just got me slightly worked up, in the big scheme, kinda minor.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I used spray white lithium grease once, and never again. The propellant thins it out too much. It is meant to stay in place for long-time lubing of metal on metal parts. After tossing the spray can, I have always used the WL grease in a tub or tube and apply with a small brush.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10787 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Had this happen often enough that I was trying to find a way to charge the can. I cut part of the back of a valve stem off and use this so I can charge the can with about 80 PSI from my air compressor. It works well.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
We used a variety of products in spray cans. When they refused to spray with plenty of stuff in the can, the guy who worked for me would remove the little spray thingy from the can, unclog it, and put it back on the can.

This…don’t make the mistake I made in my ignorant youth of taking a Philips screw driver and a ball-peen hammer to a can of WD40 in the attempt to empty the can of residual fluid (I will never do that bullshit again…stupidity of being young) Frown Wink Roll Eyes Big Grin…I wish I had a video Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a case of WD-40 at work and about half the cans quit spraying with 75% or more still left, we spend a lot of money at our local NAPA and they refunded us the cost of the case, every truck has a can or 2 in it and it’s a pain in the ass when you need it out on a job and it doesn’t work…. Switched to a different product our oil supplier turned us on too and so far so good

Posts: 457 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
I found a couple videos on youtube that address this issue. Here is one video using an old tire valve to refresh the precharge. I used a rubber tipped air blower to re-pressurize the can. When I first watched the video I was like no way, but sure enough it got my wd40 flowing again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mimSDtqljMA

Posts: 2122 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post