SIGforum
What is it with women just standing in the street?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/1840017294

June 15, 2022, 06:46 PM
Orguss
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
People here are crossing a 3 lane, two way, 40 mph street, on their phone, and not even looking at traffic. Just expecting people to stop. It’s crazy. I could have killed dozens of people already if I wasn’t always on high alert. In my neighborhood they’ll even walk right in the middle of the street, dogs, no dogs. We have sidewalks on both sides of the street but nope, they want to walk right in the middle of the road. It’s certifiable.

This! Nearly everyday. I fully believe people are looking for a payday and hoping I'm not paying attention and hit them.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
June 16, 2022, 09:04 AM
lyman
many moons ago I was off one day and helping a friend on his bread route,
he worked for a small kosher bakery , and were in Downtoen Petersburg,
we pull up to a store and he told me before we got out,,,

DO NOT talk to anyone, grab the trays I hand you and follow me in the store, DO NOT make eye contact either,

there was a few mental heath half way houses nearby, and the 'inmates' were free to roam during the day

that day one was nearby having a rather lengthy conversation with a telephone pole

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

June 16, 2022, 10:16 AM
HRK
Parking lots are crazy as well, people will see you backing up and just walk right behind you even when the vehicle is half way out in the lane, they'll just push a cart or walk right behind the vehicle.

I blame it all on the day lawyers were allowed to advertise on TV.

June 16, 2022, 10:25 AM
Edmond
People are just plain dumb and inconsiderate.

Walk out of the grocery store, just stand there at the exit while they gather their keys, put their sunglasses on, etc. while people are trying to get out.

June 16, 2022, 10:47 AM
Ryanp225
Because most women aren't accustomed to being accountable for themselves.
June 16, 2022, 09:30 PM
wrightd
You said it not me. True, but I didn't say it.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
June 16, 2022, 09:44 PM
slabsides45
'Round here it's the ladies coming outta the grocery store. Oh sure, you could walk on one side or the other of each row of cars, but why do that when walking down the center is more fun?? Then get annoyed when they realize you're "tailgating" them.... Big Grin

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
June 17, 2022, 02:02 AM
Schmelby
quote:
Originally posted by MMSIG229:
You're lucky. I'd rather have the dog walkers in the street than on the sidewalk in front of my house. We have these cretins around here who walk multiple dogs on those expandable leashes, I've seen then in the middle of my front yard yakking on their phones with their back to the dogs!!! Naturally they don't bother to clean up after the animals either. I have two trees in my front yard with rock borders and mulch. I had to use liquid nails on the rocks to keep them intact. The wimmin let their dogs in the flower beds and between the leashes and their back legs scratching after the deed the rock border was always destroyed. REALLY aggravating. When did it become ok to let dogs in other peoples yards??? I must have missed that memo.

I would come home from work and find the side gate open and find dog crap in my backyard.
I can't believe someone would walk between our homes, open the gate to let their dog take a
dump in my yard. They wouldn't even close my gate. I don't blame the dog, I hate people.
Put padlocks on the gates.
June 17, 2022, 07:21 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I blame it all on the day lawyers were allowed to advertise on TV.
That reminds me; I need to call Dan and ask him to get me some money, like he does for all those other people whom you see on the billboards holding the great big check (probably printed by the same company that prints the big Publishers' Clearing House checks).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
June 17, 2022, 10:59 AM
Prefontaine
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
People are just plain dumb and inconsiderate.

Walk out of the grocery store, just stand there at the exit while they gather their keys, put their sunglasses on, etc. while people are trying to get out.

In the grocery store or Costco every week man. Video calling, speaker phone calling, bullshitting, middle of the aisle, blocking you from grabbing something or blocking ingress/egress. It’s maddening. When I want to stop and find something, I pull the cart to the side and park it. Then when I come back if it’s blocking access to something with people standing there I apologize, quickly move it, etc. No got damn courtesy or common sense exists anymore.

And what about the same clowns at Costco, Sams, or the local grocery store? Same in a drive thru. For fuksake have you never been in one before? How many times have you come across these absolute fucking morons who act like they have never, ever, been in the place before? My goodness I can tell you where most everything is from memory without much thought at the grocery store and Costco. Even Costco where I buy most of my groceries. Without the dumbasses everywhere from the front door showing my card to showing my receipt leaving, 5-10 minutes depending on how much I need. 10 minutes being when I need TP, paper towels, dish soap, trash bags, etc.

The worst here is all the H1B Visas. Costco on the weekend man I’d rather be lit on fire. Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday night the last 30 minutes they were open, used to be smooth as silk. Not anymore. It’s not weekend packed by any means but it’s still packed, and they are always out of shit. Many weeks the Americans in the store of any color or creed, 1/10th.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
June 17, 2022, 01:25 PM
RichardC

Prozac, Cymbalta, Elavil, Xanax, etc.

As a side note, I wonder if all sandhill cranes are on these drugs.

June 17, 2022, 07:03 PM
Orguss
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
<Proper Costco rant.>

I've got a customer who gets a bunch of Omaha Steaks delivered to his house because he can't stand all the "old people" cluttering up the local Costco. He's in his 70s.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
June 19, 2022, 12:24 PM
Plugugly
I once had a guy lock eyes with me in the Walmart parking lot, and proceed to step out in front of the vehicle I was operating anyway.

Said vehicle was a 1963 American LaFrance fire truck, painted in Corvette yellow, with the multitude of red lights flashing, and the ever popular Federal Signal electromechanical siren screaming out every decibel it could muster with it's 100 amp power draw.

Had my brakes not been good, dumbass would have been rendered into an excellent example of a road waffle.
June 21, 2022, 08:33 PM
Schmelby
I used to have to deliver helium cylinders to the dollar stores. Most would not let us in the back door. Two wheel them through the front and take them 5 feet away from the back door. In certain parts of town I would find the manager and tell them if they didn't lead me in and out, byebye.
I'm pushing 350 pounds of steel down the aisle,
people would look at me and not move an inch.
June 21, 2022, 10:25 PM
pedropcola
I had never really paid attention to this but yesterday 4 women were literally standing in the road talking right next to the empty sidewalk. Lol.
June 22, 2022, 08:25 PM
wrightd
I had to drive thought a particular hood a very long time ago, and a tall beautiful black woman got out of her brand new corvette and stood in the middle of the road, crossed her arms and stared me down. I took that to mean, turn around and go out the way you came in. I wasn't necessarily afraid of her, but I was definitely afraid of trying to get around her in that neighborhood, she was obviously a previous long-time resident before making it big in high-end prostitution. She was obviously visiting family, and wasn't attired in her Sunday best if you catch my drift. I gestured her in a way to communicate I acknowledged her esteemed position in the neighborhood, and turned around left the same way I came in, and without delay. It was sad to see such an incredibly and exceptionally beautiful woman chose that life. I figured if she had enough brains to make that kind of money on her own terms, she probably had enough brains to do anything else she would otherwise have been interested in.

June 22, 2022, 08:46 PM
sigmonkey
The really short version of the Bible.

"... And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

"And God said: "Psssstttt.... Adam... pick your own fruit..."

The End

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
June 23, 2022, 07:21 PM
wrightd
Nice. Ha !

June 26, 2022, 09:33 PM
Scooter123
Women standing around in the street takes me back to the days when I drove a Taxi to pay for college. If you want to move them along just shout out the window "how much for a blow job".

I've stopped counting.