SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Who else is sick? Bleh!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who else is sick? Bleh! Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
You know why I'm sick? Because the Walmartians bring their gross, unruly kids out into the public arena. Isolate those wild animals, lady! If they stick something in their petrie-dish of a mouth, don't put it back on the shelf you swine.

Ok, I'm leaving for work. I just wanted to rant before I succumb to the consumption.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I inherited my plague from my grandsons. Now went into bronchitis.

To paraphrase the line from "Purple Haze","'Scuse me while I wheeze and hack."

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Ugh, me too.

Cannot stay asleep longer than an hour in between coughing fits and draining more than a few gallons out of my nose. It sucks.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't been sick in about 20+ years.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Pretty close to that as well, although once a decade I get a sniffle or two. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I thought I just had massive drainage and maybe a wee sinus infection recently. It didn’t get better after a couple days and I developed a cough. Welp, looks like I picked up strep somewhere. Oh joy! Now I get to use some of my time off at work banishing myself for the betterment of the rest of society, unlike the inconsiderate fuck who spewed germs all over whatever got me. Ironically, I did NOT get it from my kids...for once. Ahh, now to sit back and enjoy the mass destruction of my normal gut bacteria and the ensuing rectal shenanigans as my body gets thrown out of whack and then tries to recover! Oh, and no easy-peasy Z-pack for me. Nope, I get the full 10-day ass kicker antibiotics. I hate when I am sick...and so does everyone around me!

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
We had some weird stomach bug that was running around here a couple months ago. It had an incubation period of about 24 hours, and you'd go from normal, to a slight "hmm my stomach feels weird" to full on projectile vomiting and diarrhea over the course of about 1 hour. That lasted about 24-48 hours followed by about 5 days of fever, dehydration and lethargy. It is without exaggeration the worst thing I've ever had.

Then 2 weeks ago I thought I was getting a cold and wound up with Pneumonia. It's been quite a spring.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Just hit me today. Head is all stuffed up.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
We had some weird stomach bug that was running around here a couple months ago. It had an incubation period of about 24 hours, and you'd go from normal, to a slight "hmm my stomach feels weird" to full on projectile vomiting and diarrhea over the course of about 1 hour. That lasted about 24-48 hours followed by about 5 days of fever, dehydration and lethargy. It is without exaggeration the worst thing I've ever had.

Then 2 weeks ago I thought I was getting a cold and wound up with Pneumonia. It's been quite a spring.

I think I might be going through that right now. It started this morning (while I was at Aikido class- fun!). Several bathroom trips after I got home, then slept several hours until just now. I and my gut do feel better now, though.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My wife and I each get flu shots annually. I know there is a lot of controversy about them. We haven't been sick in years and years. I have a couple of friends that have been very ill this year. So ill that they required hospitalization.

Knock on wood.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little guy started daycare on 3/29... we've pretty much been sick ever since. Noro, flu, a couple head colds. Enough already!

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same here.....since the mid 80's. Sambucol and vitamin D3 are life savers.

Walmart now sells Sambucol.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sam...rup-4-fl-oz/26960364

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I've had the crud for over a week now.
Got sent home last Thursday(told to get some rest) and had to go to Atlanta to work all day Friday feeling even worse.
Last weekend was miserable.
I'm FINALLY feeling somewhat normal.

But now the wife has it and she's at the miserable weekend stage.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
Little guy started daycare on 3/29... we've pretty much been sick ever since. Noro, flu, a couple head colds. Enough already!
Daycare is a cesspool of sickness. Plan on him being sick, well, forever.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My wife has been hard down for three days now. Started last Sunday then hit her hard on Wednesday.

Only thing helping her breath at night is a humidifier with Vicks in it.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They have a new liposomal vitamin C that is better absorbed.

Optimal Liposomal Vitamin C uses a unique liposomal delivery method to support optimal absorption of our high-potency vitamin C. A liposome is a tiny phospholipid vesicle that mimics the body's own cell structure

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got my oldest married off yesterday and now the throat is sore and my head hurts. And my wallet, too.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Well, I’m still getting over it...hit me last week, just before the weekend. Feeling better this weekend, but ears still plug up a lot, and the cough shows up from out of the blue. Hate getting sick. Comes from working in an office with an open working area, and everybody else was hacking away. Lots and lots of vitamin c. Helps.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post