SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I wish I could come back from vacation not sick AGAIN!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wish I could come back from vacation not sick AGAIN! Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
My wife and I love to go on Disney cruises.
Over the last few years my self if not both of us come home sick.
I wish I could come back from vacation not sick again. (just got off the boat on Saturday)
We get on healthy, take airborne during the cruise, wash our hands all the time then someone sneezes in the elevator with out covering their face. By the last two days the congestion starts.
Next cruise I am going to where a surgical mask.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you came home sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a floating petri dish- Why go back if you know the outcome?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by molachi:
Sorry to hear you came home sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you get better soon.

It's hard not to get sick on both airplanes and cruise ships these days. You have so many people from so many different countries all crammed into such tight spaces. Your body has built up a tolerance from germs from your area, but not from other countries.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:

Great question.
We love going on the Disney cruise. This was number 10 for us.
I guess it is risque vs reward.

NRA Life Member

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
take airborne during the cruise

Airborne is just a few vitamins and minerals right? If it helps at all I would think you needed to start it a month or more beforehand.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wear full body hazmat suits? If that’s impractical, then try to spend as much time as possible close to the bow of the ship, under the assumption that you’re trying to breathe clean air coming off the ocean in lieu of the air emanating from the walking petri dishes located in the bowels of the ship!

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:

I guess it is risque vs reward.

Are you sharing a cabin with The Slingers?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
take airborne during the cruise

Airborne is just a few vitamins and minerals right? If it helps at all I would think you needed to start it a month or more beforehand.

We usually do start taking it about a month in advance and while on the cruise.
I do have to say when I get off the ship sick it usually takes ten days to two weeks to get better.
This time I feel much better only after six days so even though it did not prevent getting sick it seams to have shortened it.

NRA Life Member

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Wear full body hazmat suits? If that’s impractical, then try to spend as much time as possible close to the bow of the ship, under the assumption that you’re trying to breathe clean air coming off the ocean in lieu of the air emanating from the walking petri dishes located in the bowels of the ship!

Maybe not a Haz Mat suite however a surgical mask next time.

NRA Life Member