SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Unsolicited Credit card Applications
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Unsolicited Credit card Applications Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Random credit related observation-

Before my divorce my credit rating was in the dumps (500ish).

Now I sit with a 750+ and am both shocked and somewhat amused at the number of unsolicited pre-approved offers I receive via email and snail-mail. I delete/shred them as fast as they come in, but it is just…”I cannot find the right word” that as hard as I worked to to payoff and clean up my financial situation, “They” want to pull me right down that rabbit hole again.

What I’d “like” to do is cancel most of my cards and keep my Apple MasterCard and my Travel Amex; the problem with that is that I am looking to re-fi my house in a year or two and the extra cards I have with zero balances give me additional open credit which in turns helps my score.

The plus side of having the extra cards is that they are great for points! I keep a screenshot on my phone to remind me what card to use to pay for groceries, restaurants, etc.

My Delta Amex always gives me enough points to upgrade my annual work trip flights to 1st class

Apple Card pays 2% if you use “tap and pay”.

I’ve got an Amex that pays 6% (yes, 6%!) up to $6k for grocery stores; to include Instacart.


___________________________
All it takes...is all you got.
____________________________
For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Posts: 11619 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Don't mail anything back. Just don't. First of all, the bulk rate cost is built in to the company's business plan and pricing. You're not making a dent in their bottom line. And by mailing anything at all back, you're letting them know that someone lives at your address and gets mail there. That will keep you on the mailing list and indeed make that list even more valuable for them to sell to others.
 
Posts: 2634 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I just sent AARP their ripped up application and a Spectrum Internet and TV offer. I hope they enjoy it.
 
Posts: 2142 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Maybe return the Prepaid envelope filled with very fine glitter?



BUCK FIDEN

“Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
The warrior whispers back, 'I AM THE STORM."


NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
 
Posts: 6405 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My ultra-left-wing sister passed several years ago. When we sold her house, I put in a change of address so any outstanding mail of importance would be forwarded to my address. To this day, I get piles of crap from Planned Parenthood, Ban Fracking, Women's Medical Resource Center, Freedom From Religion Foundation, The Hightower Lowdown, etc., etc. No amount of returning their prepaid envelops with pleas to stop the propaganda onslaught have been successful. Oh, well. At least they make getting the fire pit started really easy.
 
Posts: 373 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Call them and tell them your sister's address has changed and that she needs that literature sent to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC.
 
Posts: 13077 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:
My ultra-left-wing sister passed several years ago. When we sold her house, I put in a change of address so any outstanding mail of importance would be forwarded to my address. To this day, I get piles of crap from Planned Parenthood, Ban Fracking, Women's Medical Resource Center, Freedom From Religion Foundation, The Hightower Lowdown, etc., etc. No amount of returning their prepaid envelops with pleas to stop the propaganda onslaught have been successful. Oh, well. At least they make getting the fire pit started really easy.


Perhaps you could fill out a change of address on her and use the address of the cemetery.
.
 
Posts: 10816 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Address change...

Tranquility Base
Site 1; Sea of Tranquility
Mare Tranquilities, Luna 23.5º E, 0.7º N




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
 
Posts: 43060 | Location: ...thrice divorced, living in a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Don't mail anything back. Just don't. First of all, the bulk rate cost is built in to the company's business plan and pricing. You're not making a dent in their bottom line. And by mailing anything at all back, you're letting them know that someone lives at your address and gets mail there. That will keep you on the mailing list and indeed make that list even more valuable for them to sell to others.
Yes , if you're foolish enough to send anything back with your name on it . Who does that ?
 
Posts: 2784 | Location: The deep South | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Junk mail doesn't even make it into the house . On my way back from the mailbox I pass through the garage where the garbage can lives . CC apps get torn in half and dropped in the can .
 
Posts: 2784 | Location: The deep South | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Don't mail anything back. Just don't. First of all, the bulk rate cost is built in to the company's business plan and pricing. You're not making a dent in their bottom line. And by mailing anything at all back, you're letting them know that someone lives at your address and gets mail there. That will keep you on the mailing list and indeed make that list even more valuable for them to sell to others.
Yes , if you're foolish enough to send anything back with your name on it . Who does that ?


Most of that stuff is bar coded with your name and address in the bar code, so it doesn't matter if your name appears on it. And none of that stuff goes to an office at the org that sends it. It goes to a batching center, it's opened by a machine and then reviewed by people pretty far removed from the org that sent it. You're really not teaching anyone a lesson by mailing that stuff back with insults or extra weight inside. Best to just get off those lists by not responding to anything you ever receive that you did not iniiate.
 
Posts: 2634 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Unsolicited Credit card Applications

© SIGforum 2022