SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    How old are y'all's bath towels?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How old are y'all's bath towels? Login/Join 
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
We bought new towels about two years ago and gave all the old towels to an animal shelter. Now were have the bathroom redone and will get new towels to match.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a single dude, the matching thing is not needed.
Mine are 10 years old. I bought them as a set with face towels and wash cloths. The wash cloths wore out a while back. Everything else is good to go.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Mine get replaced whenever my wife says so. I have delegated that task to her!

I'd say we are getting a fresh batch at least yearly of the big fluffies, and I don't ask the price.

Posts: 1550 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
You can usually look at them and tell, from what I've seen.

Best thing I did was get oversized dark colored towels for myself. I shave with a razor and occasionally do nick myself. Got tired of being slapped around for getting the bright white towels bloody...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still using the ones we got when we got married 16 years ago. The wife will usually buy some new ones if she redecorates the bathroom so it looks "pretty", but they never get used for anything other than decoration.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I use what's there. Occasionally I'll notice an old one disappears from my gym use stack and is replaced by one I used to use for showers. Wife always has a nice one and there's an unspoken agreement that she uses nice ones and I use whatever looks haggard and worn. As long as it doesn't take skin with it I don't give a rip.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
They're pretty good to have around for the occasional giant water spill or in-home 'Lucy' show debacles of some kind or another. I then use mine for drying off cars just washed at home. That's next to the end of the line for me. Then they start doing dirtier and dirtier jobs that culminate in car repairs. Like men with their underwear, they begin to disintegrate. Once they lose the properties of a solid, I throw them away. Or just open a window and blow them away like dandelion spores.

Posts: 7227 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Old! My wife gets her moneys worth out of things. We do have new sets for when company comes though.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
The older the better. New towels don't seem to dry. They just spread the water around.

Laundry tip: DO NOT use fabric softener when washing OR drying bath towels. Leaves a coating that repels water.

Great tip...

Also, only wash/dry towels together. No other articles.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
4.5 years old and still going strong. White as can be and still fluffy.

Old towels in my house become dog towels then shop towels.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The more worn in they get, the better they soak up water.

Posts: 10777 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I got 2 dozen big ones from Kohls maybe 5 years back. I dont seem to wear them out.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There seems to be a "sweet spot" where the towels are absorbent and work really well then they taper off with age wear etc.

"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."

Posts: 694 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I guess I feel better. I've been divorced almost 6 years now, but some of my towels we got at our wedding shower back in '97. Smile
BTW: I still have her list of stuff she wanted from the house. Basically it was anything of value....but what stood out to me was "all the matching towels".
Whatever.
Unrelated, but I wound up with the matching towels, the house they were stored in, AND the kids that still use them.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
How hilarious. Wife dragged me to Kohl's this afternoon to by new ones.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post