SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Comodo firewall auto updated, completly borked my video drivers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comodo firewall auto updated, completly borked my video drivers Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted
Well this is a new one. To start, I was fairly sure I had the auto update disabled. Guess not.... but I just spent almost a hour trying to get my video related setting working again.

Came home from work to see the update screen, ok... hit continue.... finished the update and restarted.

Then the fun started.
Several missing icons in my task bar, one of which is for Nvidia. Ok whatever, I did another restart, and still nothing, start it from the start menu and notice settings are a bit off. Change them and close the program and it disappears again from the task bar. So I do another restart. And then it gets worse. I have two monitors, only one of which came back up??

Tried another restart and same result. Tried to get my settings menu... nothing!! Redownload and reinstalled the driver, finally both monitors back. BUT WAIT lol. All my setting are of course not right, SLI wont enable and for some reason I needed to disable the RGB control for my mouse?? to get it to enable.

And finally after almost a hour of screwing around I finally have everything back and working again.... and now of course Nvidia just popped up with a new driver update... really? I just downloaded it...how?? lol yea I'm not doing that right now Roll Eyes

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Mmmm... my Comodo Internet Security Premium package including firewall just updated yesterday and my Nvidia drivers for my GeForce card are just fine as is everything else.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
LOL I have never had it happen before today. I always updated manually, but for some reason it updated on its own this time. Still have no idea why it happened Confused

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post