SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Do there have to be high winds EVERY single trash day?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do there have to be high winds EVERY single trash day? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I swear, every time I put out the trash on Sunday night, there are gale force winds.

Trash and recycling goes out. Half hour later: thud, thud, thud as the recycling blows over and spills stuff all over the street and my yard. Jacket goes and and I got hunting my trash blowing hither and yon with a flashlight.

Every. Single. Sunday.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
You're not alone. Its every damn Wednesday in these parts.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Just do like my neighbors do and let it blow into someone else's yard.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Yup. It's just about every Thursday night around here.
If it's bad enough to blow the bin over, I won't even put it out.
We can go two weeks without having a problem.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put glass bottles/containers in the trash instead of recycling so there’s enough weight in the trash bin to keep it from being blown over 99+% of the time. But the recycling bin with cardboard, paper, aluminum cans and the like doesn’t go out on collection days when winds over 20mph are forecast.

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I swear, every time I put out the trash on Sunday night, there are gale force winds.

Trash and recycling goes out. Half hour later: thud, thud, thud as the recycling blows over and spills stuff all over the street and my yard. Jacket goes and and I got hunting my trash blowing hither and yon with a flashlight.

Every. Single. Sunday.

It's been a windy ass year in SE PA it seems.

My issues is trash blowing into my front lawn. EVERY FRICKEN DAY there is random trash that IS NOT MINE on my damn lawn. Mad

Posts: 33805 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
And EVERY damned time I want to play tennis??? Mad Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
And EVERY damned time I want to play tennis??

And every time I want to go fishing in my little aluminum boat. Blown all over the lake!

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Shot skeet a few weeks ago in winds so high most of the guys refused to shoot.

Shot a perfect score, something I do from time to time, but never in that kind of wind before.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Happens on Wednesdays here… Must eventually get to you by Sunday.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Every thursday night. I'm the last house on
a dead end street. Wind always blows my way.
Have to pick up dozens of pieces of paper.
Although I have seen some interesting things.
Neighbors paycheck stubs, creditors demanding
money, somebodies instructions for a sex toy!
Oh well, been doing it for28 years.

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And not a hint of a breeze to be found in July and August!

I think that this has been the windiest winter we have ever experienced in the northwest corner of the NC mountains.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well...we ALL know why the wind blows so much in Texas. Because Oklahoma SUCKS!!!! BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'll show myself out......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

Every. Single. Sunday.

It's been a windy ass year in SE PA it seems.

My issues is trash blowing into my front lawn. EVERY FRICKEN DAY there is random trash that IS NOT MINE on my damn lawn. Mad

I live right up the street from a Wawa and a Wendy's, so I know that pain.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I blame that Ag industry,
See what happens when you take out 46,000 miles of trees between the fields.

None stop wind from Camas to canarcie

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
We don’t have bins here. You have to use plastic bags. The asshole mother fucker on the end of my alley always puts loose shit out and I have to pick it up from all over my property. He also is super fucking lazy about picking up leaves from his oaks so I have to dig those out of my skimmers, and driveway. I’m out there for hours.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
You could move to Wyoming so you’d experience gale-force winds everyday.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
Well... this is the second recycle pickup day in a row recently with 40+ mph wind gusts. We have deep ditches along the road on our side which is where the can ends up when it's windy. Pickup is every other week for us so the junk gets to sit around 2 more weeks. Yay?!

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
You could move to Wyoming so you’d experience gale-force winds everyday.

and New Mexico!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

When it is windy here, I put a big rock on top of the container, a rock I keep out at the street just for that. The driver is very adept at tipping the container just a bit after he grabs it with the tong things, letting the rock fall to the ground.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post