SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who are rough on YOUR stuff...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who are rough on YOUR stuff... Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I never liked loaning things out to someone I didn't know would take care of it and bring it back in short order.

I loaned a tool to someone.

They didn't return it within a month so I called. NO answer, over and over, left messages and never got a call back.

It's been close to a year when I saw said person.

"Hey please return it, I need it now."

Their response: "Oh I'm done with it. You can come get it now."

F.U.!!! You borrowed it, you return it.

The unmitigated gall of some people.

Posts: 11964 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
It's your own fault for being an enabler, stop allowing people that slam doors to ride in your car, stop fixing the dryer after they've damaged the buttons, don't allow anyone to use your laptop that slams the lid shut. <<snip>>

Did you read the part about it being family members, and as others have already figured out... CLOSE family members, one of whom I'd have to divorce to do what you suggest? Are you really THAT out of touch??? I didn't want to point fingers at specific persons, but apparently some require it, so wife and daughter. Thankfully daughter no longer lives with us, but still mistreats things when she's home to visit.

Yes I realize it was family members and my statement stands. Stop enabling bad behavior or stop complaining. When the dryer or laptop is damaged because of carelessness don't replace it or let the person who did the damage replace it at their own expense. As long as there's no consequences for bad behavior the bad behavior will continue.

Posts: 1695 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
When the dryer or laptop is damaged because of carelessness don't replace it or let the person who did the damage replace it at their own expense.

I assume from this reply that you are not married. Yes, let's not have a dryer in the house nor a computer in order to teach the wife a lesson. Yes, make HER pay for it with HER money. Roll Eyes

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6775 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
quote:
When the dryer or laptop is damaged because of carelessness don't replace it or let the person who did the damage replace it at their own expense.

I assume from this reply that you are not married. Yes, let's not have a dryer in the house nor a computer in order to teach the wife a lesson. Yes, make HER pay for it with HER money. Roll Eyes

She pays for it, I pay for it, it all comes from the same acct Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
My.brother is literally hell on wheels. He has blown up so many rides it isn't even funny. Dropped a transmission on81 just north of Harrisburg. Wanted to borrow my truck to finish the tow to Maine. Not happening. Told him I would get him back to Maryland and that was it. I'd rather let his wife drive my stuff than him.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Citadel,

Posts: 838 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
<<snip>>
She also has a tendency to accelerate and brake hard for no reason.

Same here; takes off like a bat outta hell, and then wonders why she doesn't get better gas mileage. The gas pedal is like an on/off switch... I refuse to ride with her unless absolutely necessary.

quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
quote:

Thanks mojojojo... you said it a lot nicer than I would have!

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
She pays for it, I pay for it, it all comes from the same acct Razz

We keep separate accounts for many reasons, mostly to keep peace in the family. No "same acct" in this household!

Posts: 4765 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
I have an in-law or two not allowed in my house for similar reasons.

Some people just seem to be hard on everything they touch..

My father-in-law vacuums by bashing the vacuum cleaner against every vertical surface touching the floor, like its his mission to knock the dirt out of the corners with concussive force. Nevermind that the vacuum itself was like $500 or $600, or the furniture itself being pricy, but the custom baseboards around the kitchen island or like...dozens of balusters that all have vacuum cleaner high dings and scratches.

Posts: 13063 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
My BIL and SIL, I would tell my wife every time they got something new like a car that it had received the death penalty.

It took a few years and she realized what I meant, they bought 2 even 3 vehicles to every one of ours.

I never lent them a thing, I would just do it for or with them.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5232 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Long time ago when I was in auto dealership management one of the perks was a company car aka demonstrator. Those cars even though were supposed to be kept in a saleable condition (washed, interior clean, not smoked in) at all times that wasn’t always the case.

When a demo had 7k on it we turned it in for a different car. My first demo was a passed down one, less than 7k but a mess. Seems the salesman that had it prior to me (he got terminated) was having an affair with a woman and her estranged husband was none too happy. He expressed his displeasure by pouring Zip Strip on the paint and smashing every window out of it. While the glass was replaced they were holding off on the paint until it went on the lot as a demo so I got to drive it with vandalized paint for two months.

Subsequently my next demos were my choice from dealer inventory until I left there almost two years later. The day I turned in the keys to my last demo the new car manager said “I’m going to miss you here (I was in the parts department) for a lot of reasons. One of them being that of all your demos I’ve never had to send any of them out for a full recondition, just a minor vacuum, wash and wax.”

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8350 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I was a porter by title, but did a lot around the dealership. Told people I did just about everything but fix & sell cars.

The owner, his kids & their spouses all got demos.
The majority were easy swaps, move a few things from the console/glovebox & done.
One of his sons always had a Duramax LWB crew 2500 with a massive toolbox. We had to move all the stuff between trucks, which wasn't bad, just back them up tailgate to tailgate & walk back/forth.

A couple of the spouses though, turn in the demo and send it straight to the body shop for some front end and/or wheel cleanup. Big Grin

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t have many friends, but I have all my tools!

Posts: 92 | Location: NEPA | Registered: February 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I was a porter by title, but did a lot around the dealership. Told people I did just about everything but fix & sell cars.

The owner, his kids & their spouses all got demos.
The majority were easy swaps, move a few things from the console/glovebox & done.
One of his sons always had a Duramax LWB crew 2500 with a massive toolbox. We had to move all the stuff between trucks, which wasn't bad, just back them up tailgate to tailgate & walk back/forth.

A couple of the spouses though, turn in the demo and send it straight to the body shop for some front end and/or wheel cleanup. Big Grin

Last dealer that I managed for had one son that took a new conversion van off the lot with his drunken buddies and rolled it. Dealer decided not to make an insurance claim for obvious reasons so he passes the loss around to all the departments as company vehicle expenses, a “creative” way to cover his losses. We managers found out how this was being handled when we saw our expenses suddenly jump several hundred dollars in the first month after the crash.

Month two, our bi-monthly managers meeting. Suddenly the dealer starts in on us about all departments letting our vehicle expenses suddenly take a large leap and how we all need to get this under control fast! All of us had by that time heard how and why this happened. Upon leaving the meeting I said to the service manager “I can get those expenses under control but I don’t know if I have the authority to fire his son!”

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8350 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Luckily never anything like that in my brief stint.
Just the usual curb rash & front bumper damage from having not enough spatial awareness of the front of a Suburban

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
It's been close to a year when I saw said person.

"Hey please return it, I need it now."

Their response: "Oh I'm done with it. You can come get it now."

F.U.!!! You borrowed it, you return it.

The unmitigated gall of some people.
I had friend like that. He indefinitely borrowed a piece of sports equipment of mine that wasn't cheap. One day after a couple years of it being in his possession, I requested he return it. His response was, "Why? You don't use it."

Well no shit. I don't use it, b/c he took it and still has it. Furthermore, it's mine, and I don't need justify why I want it back.

He use to be one of my closest friends, and that attitude was one of the reasons our friendship dissolved.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has to have been 1955-56 the aftermath of my dad loaning one of their cars to one of his brothers. It was my mother’s 51 Buick. They dropped the car off sometime in the night, they lived a mile and a half away from us.

Don’t remember all the details as I was real young but remember my dad and I on the way to the gas station that was a half mile from our house.We ran out of gas maybe halfway there and I remember the house that we went to asking to borrow their phone so my dad could call my mother and have her bring us a can of gas.

posted Hide Post
Lived in a four family apartment, childhood friend lived upstairs.
Borrowed my hose to wash his car. Left it out in the driveway all day,
then left and drove over the hose and crushed the couplings.
A few weeks later he asked to use my hose. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1324 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I have a young friend who has become almost like the daughter I never had. One time her (then) boyfriend asked to borrow some of my fishing gear, including a brand new Weber propane grill. When I finally went to get it back a few months later, I found it in a pile of stuff in his closet, rusted to death and covered in old caked-on grease. Yeah, I was pissed.

Posts: 7387 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
This is my step-daughter #2. I call her Hurricane Tiffani because there’s a path of broken things as she passes through.

Posts: 45529 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post