SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    This is Free-DUMB!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is Free-DUMB! Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
In the long game, their kids will be voting in 18 years.

In the short game, whenever filing out forms for our family, I’m so tempted just to check the box and make all that paper go away: [] Are you an immigrant afraid of being deported?

Just check the box and he qualifies for in-state tuition. Don’t check the box and spend two hours proving my son is a resident and qualifies for in-state tuition. My son, who was born and raised in Florida, lived in the same house his entire life, went to the same school from K-8, same high school for over 3 1/2 years, been in the local paper over a dozen times including his picture on the front page when he was 8, and I already filled out that paperwork for each school before. I could have checked that box every time and like magic, all that paperwork would disappear.

Posts: 10959 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoboGunLeather:
The right to vote is limited to citizens and subject to state laws.

Representation in the House of Representatives, the larger house of Congress, is determined by census data. The entire population is counted without regard to citizenship or voting status. As the population of a state, or region within a state, increases the number of congressional districts will be increased, and those vacancies will be filled with representatives selected by the voters of those districts.

Thus without exercising the vote a population may have considerable influence on the affairs of the Congress via the US House of Representatives.

Providing a full menu of benefits to the population may influence that population's preferences at election times.

Perfectly stated Sir! PERFECT

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 575 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Even if they can't vote, they are counted in the Census now.
By concentrating them appropriately, the Dems will cause redistricting in their favor.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16522 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I could have checked that box every time and like magic, all that paperwork would disappear.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. Putting fraudulent information on a Federal or State form brings significant penalties particularly if you are a white middle class male. You might even be on TV.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the new arrivals offer to do a good weeks work, will go into the armed forces for this country, maybe be one doctors , health care professionals, or teachers in the future.

That's something to consider,
But throwing tax payer supplied money at them , might very well not be the way to welcome them.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post