SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    On Line Gun Dealers and Inventory-
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On Line Gun Dealers and Inventory- Login/Join 
posted
Yayyyy! You own an on line gun shop! Cool! And THANK YOU! Especially if you sell to residents "behind enemy lines"!

You've got 67 and 1/2 pages of Handguns, 105.38 pages of Rifles and 43 and a third pages of Shotguns!!!

COOL! Cool

But when you only have 3 handguns, 7 rifles and 2 shotguns IN STOCK, all those other neat pictures of shit you ain't got does no one any good!

Is it "Bragging Rights"?
"HEY!!! We USED TO HAVE 37 H&K P-7's for $455 a piece! Extra Magazines for $12!"
"96 Browning Hi Powers, Excellent condition imported from Israel, Netherlands and Austria, only $430!"
Yeah, no one really cares about your inventory from 1997.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TODAY, AND WHAT CAN YOU GET TOMORROW!

Ok, rant off...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
You do realize that there has been a run on guns for almost a year now right? At one of my distributors I click on "pistols". They list 2091 models, but when I click "hide out of stock" it drops to 128!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nah, I'm with the OP on this one. People just don't ever clean up their websites, and that was true before the last year or two as well. That's definitely one of those cases where searching online because it's quicker is actually far slower - because nothing filters out what's out of stock during your initial search.

Incidentally, it's not just guns - if you really want to get pissed off about threading through thickets of unobtanium in the hopes of finding one little thing, go shopping for parts!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll compromise. If they were to add a "in stock" button that would help.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nope - again, that does nothing for the initial search. Out of date listings will snag your browser no matter how freakin' ancient they may be.

Although I'm kinda stunned at how many websites don't have a way to filter out the out-of-stock stuff.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TODAY, AND WHAT CAN YOU GET TOMORROW!

Apparently, they have 3 handguns, 7 rifles, and 2 shotguns. Shall they box them up for you? But I get it. I tried to buy a new computer, had it all picked out, and then they tell you it’ll ship in 6-8 weeks. It ain’t like it used to be.

Posts: 10828 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nobody is holding inventory anymore, a) because there isn't the inventory to hold, b) it's cheaper on the company to not hold large inventory c) profits are higher when you don't have to have money held up in inventory...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Its fairly simple. If you are shopping at Optics Planet, everything was in stock until just before you order one.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Nobody is holding inventory anymore, a) because there isn't the inventory to hold, b) it's cheaper on the company to not hold large inventory c) profits are higher when you don't have to have money held up in inventory...

Seecamp is one example, IMO. I need a second .32 ACP magazine but there are none in stock. For several weeks, none.

Oh, I can buy one off Ebay, for four or five times the OEM $35 cost. One fellow on Seecamp forum has over a dozen in his collection.....with none to sell.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Oh, I totally understand that the past 18-24 months, demand has overridden supply.

Then take your "out of stock" items off your site! Especially the ones that have been there 3, 4 years ago.

I don't want to toss any sites under the bus, but I've been following some of them for a while. I picked up a BHP and a S&W off of one site about 4 years ago, it still shows those weapons on their website, with "Out of Stock" underneath the adds. Well hell, take it off the site!

I'm not talking about a Glock G-19, S&W AR-15, or any other "plentiful" weapon which they'll probably have back in inventory within a month or so. That, I get...

The used S&W 4506-1 Police Turn-in from 2005 that they still have on their page.

There's a few sites that have the "In Stock" search option, and I use it all the time.
Is it too much to ask in updating the website every once and a while!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

Seecamp is one example, IMO. I need a second .32 ACP magazine but there are none in stock . . . I can buy one off Ebay, for four or five times the OEM $35 cost.
The last time I went to a gun show, maybe year and a half ago, I saw one on a vendor's table for the "real" cost, $35.00.

I snapped it up.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I agree with you CPD SIG. Some sites are really bad about it. Especially with used guns. If you sold one used Ruger GP100 5 years ago I shouldn’t still be able to find a link to it through a Google search and have to click on the item in order to see that it’s been sold.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Yup. Any website that I cannot filter out the items not in stock, I don't do business with. And I let them know.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some online dealers link their inventory to a distributor, which makes it look like they have everything the distributor does.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yayyyy! You own an on line gun shop! Cool! And THANK YOU! Especially if you sell to residents "behind enemy lines"!

You've got 67 and 1/2 pages of Handguns, 105.38 pages of Rifles and 43 and a third pages of Shotguns!!!

Look at the bottom of the site. See a Gearfire logo? Notice that it looks just the same as 8 out of ten other websites that you go on?

That sir is a distributor feed. They don't actually own the inventory, just sell from the distributors stash. If they never call their sales rep, and never make nice, all they have right now is buckshot and M&P Shields.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post