SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Young kids and the inabilities they have, like the inability to use a broom.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Young kids and the inabilities they have, like the inability to use a broom. Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 11656 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parent's share some of the blame when their kids can't perform simple basic tasks . They were never required to . We had a co worker that had a teenage son and daughter . " Ronnie " would work his ass off on weekends . Mowing , edging , etc. Never once made the kids help out . He worked many hours of overtime and banked most of it , " For his kids " . Both of his kids are grown now and have kids of their own and the legacy is continuing .

Posts: 3042 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can add an inability to make change, and how to properly drain and coil a garden hose. Proper use of a rake, a hoe and a mattock. Oh I forgot a ten pound sledge and how far out to position a ladder to get on the roof. We can add proper care and storage of tools.

Posts: 14530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alinc100
posted Hide Post
Sadly, this type of thread will continue for years. My wife, had been putting her makeup on at her vanity, in the MBR, with the closet light above and behind her. LightBULB over her vanity burned out a week or so before. When she made me aware of the problem, she asked "if it could be fixed?", I responded with "well I'm not an electrician,but I'll see what I can do" Backstory is my late F-I-L was an electrician, his kids did not learn to check oil,pump gas,change light bulbs,clean a pool,rake leaves,mow,shovel snow, especially not Daddy's little girl etc. Every household task was done either while they were in school or after they went to bed. My late M-I-L wasn't much of a cook either. In conclusion I unscrewed the globe,unscrewed the burnt out light bulb, installed a new LED bulb,re-installed the globe and magically when I flipped the switch the light came on. Not bad for a dumb carpenter. Now my son who is 25 can sell you,and assemble a computer ,but I'd bet $100 he can't start the lawn mower.

Hawaiian shirts- Apparently I have a closet full of racism....who knew??

Posts: 891 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post