SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Assembly instructions... why only pictures?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Assembly instructions... why only pictures? Login/Join 
posted
Would it kill them to put some text guidance to accompany the crappy pictures? I had better lego diagrams growing up as a kid.

I'm not asking for much. Say something like "grate should rest hook side down when legs of the grill are attached."

That's a lot faster and clearer than me staring at the instructions like a moron trying to figure out which way the crappy picture is aligned. Ultimately I put together the tri stand before attaching it to the grill.

That said I'm excited to be able to start grilling again. At my old home when I converted to propane heat I had the company install two lines for a grill above and below the deck. It'll be nice to be grilling with charcoal again whether it's on my roof or at the beach.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
You bought your new grill at Ikea didn't you? Big Grin

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:

Actually it was a Weber from Walmart. You'd think Americans would be less confusing than the Swedes but no.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife bought some light fixture online. Ended up being European. There was a tiny picture shrunken to fit on 1/4 of the page with the wiring diagram. I only had to take the fixture down 3 times to get it right.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hukt awn foniks wereked 4 mee.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Try the diagrams on a non-standard car wiper blade.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
quote:

Actually it was a Weber from Walmart. You'd think Americans would be less confusing than the Swedes but no.

I think we are getting more reliant on YouTube to bail us out and the manufacturers know it. Big Grin I know that the videos have saved my butt many times.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you want the real answer or if this was a rhetorical question, but they do it so they don't have to have the instructions translated.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Chinese people got tired of everyone making fun of their Engrish.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

And not just assembly instructions, either. I am finding more and more things where the "users manual" (how to use it) is nothing but pictures.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Manufacturers getting too many calls on their help lines from illiterate people so they figured cartoons would minimize that???

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I buy grills from places that assemble them for you for free.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
wait a minute,,,,

you actually read or even looked the directions?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

As an American Swede, I am affend Razz

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
quote:

As an American Swede, I am affend Razz

As a fellow American Swede, uff da.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
wait a minute,,,,

The older I get the more I don't have anything to prove.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
wait a minute,,,,

RTFM is the last refuge of a desperate man.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
quote:

I buy grills from places that assemble them for you for free.

Do you see my location? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Assembly? For FREE? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I have to drive 30 minutes to get to a Walmart and I'm fortunate if I can wait in line for 20 minutes to get stuff I need.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you see my location? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Assembly? For FREE? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I have to drive 30 minutes to get to a Walmart and I'm fortunate if I can wait in line for 20 minutes to get stuff I need.
It was a while ago, but I don't remember any Walmarts there. At times, we called it "the land of no hay.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post