SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS - how hard is it to ship a small package 100 miles?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS - how hard is it to ship a small package 100 miles? Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
You shouldn't even bother using the USPS any more.
UPS is only a few dollars more anyway. I'll pay an extra $4 any day of the week to avoid dealing with the headache that is the USPS.

I've ordered from MidwayUSA (an hour drive from here) and it's taken weeks for the Priority Mail package to arrive. Priority... heh

Yes, it's a priority for them to provide substandard service.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I had a package shipped to me in early August from Texas. They lost/destroyed it in the Denver sort facility. I got an email TODAY, they are still looking for it. Yeah right. Fuck USPS. They denied my insurance request twice. Fuck them.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They finally picked up the 500 Priority Mail Boxes they left on my front porch a month age. Mad

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Mailed a package in-state, dropped off at mail center in Boston going 7 miles away, sent out of state for processing and then to other end of state for distribution then back to where it was dropped off for delivery. Like everything in the Federal government extremely efficient.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:

Mailed a package in-state, dropped off at mail center in Boston going 7 miles away, sent out of state for processing and then to other end of state for distribution then back to where it was dropped off for delivery.
Plymouth FL, just southeast of Our Little Airport, is a small out-of-the-way place, population less than 5,000.

The Plymouth Post Office (open most hours Wink) is the only post office that I have seen that has two mail-drop slots in the lobby, one labeled "Outgoing" and the other labeled "Local."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by spunk639:

The Plymouth Post Office (open most hours Wink) is the only post office that I have seen that has two mail-drop slots in the lobby, one labeled "Outgoing" and the other labeled "Local."
I've seen that before . Not very common though .

Posts: 4048 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a package coming from Kentucky to Ohio, no problem wont take anymore than 2-3 days,well not when they ship it by way of California...i feel your pain.

Posts: 95 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
And, in related news, the past two Amazon orders with a delivery date of X have arrived on X-1 date. They have exceeded their promise delivery date by one day. And, the products are in stock, and arrive in good shape. I am in a region with a warehouse, so my service level is probably better than most. But, even so, there is no substitute for a Cold Steel Kobun 17T arriving one day early.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I still have one saying it was processed through Atlanta on the 16th.

USPS are incompetent at best.

I have ordered stuff from China and Singapore, 3-4 days to Atlanta with Customs. I live less than 16 miles from the airport. Both times it has taken over a week to make it from the airport to my mailbox. Atlanta is the worst, I ship stuff daily all over the US and international, amazing how long sits around here.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Here’s a funny one. I ordered a few packs of reloading bullets from Midway last week, clearance & regular priced.

It showed delivery today. When they didn’t come I ran the tracking number, it’s in Bismarck, ND as of 1:53 A.M. today. I just wanted to see it wasn’t at a neighbor’s house, no hurry.

I don’t like lost or stolen, but ND seems out of the way from MO?

Usually from Midway it goes through IL to the outskirts of Milwaukee on the way.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post