SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon: Influencer and Publisher Videos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon: Influencer and Publisher Videos Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Amazon full retard.

I'm looking for water soluble plant food and in the review section of some fertilizer they provide a video on how to care for snakes and one on how to remove algae from your fish tank. Roll Eyes

They have long hosted customer review photos and videos on products. Now they have added "Influencer" and Publisher Videos.. Just the sound of that phrase turns my stomach.

So I was looking at a plant fertilizer... some videos were shown, a couple were related, but also just as many completely un-related...

Swing and a miss Amazon.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You would love Jake and Logan Paul. They have made a fortune doing this sort of thing and are now moving into boxing.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
So I was looking at a plant fertilizer... some videos were shown, a couple were related, but also just as many completely un-related...

So, I have to wonder: is a "fertilizer influencer" full of manure? Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

If they double as a "fashionista" they wear it. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazon full retard.

I'm looking for water soluble plant food and in the review section of some fertilizer they provide a video on how to care for snakes and one on how to remove algae from your fish tank. Roll Eyes

They have long hosted customer review photos and videos on products. Now they have added "Influencer" and Publisher Videos.. Just the sound of that phrase turns my stomach.

Swing and a miss Amazon.

As long as you can select, I actually like the idea.. I can go straight to the customer reviews and the "influencer" nonsense doesn't clutter up that list!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

That's the fertilizer producer. Big Grin They make the manure, the influencer just spreads it around..

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well it's easily avoided by not buying at Amazon!

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Well it's easily avoided by not buying at Amazon!

Well it's an hour and a half excursion to the nearest big box store and back, twice that for many speciality stores if I need something.

Amazon Prime makes it awful simple if I can wait two days. I don't mind the relevant videos... just keep 'em relevant to the item being viewed, or at least remotely so.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
When I hear ‘influencer’ I visualize the cute female that most want to watch regardless of what’s being peddled.

Life is usually easier if your cute, especially for the ladies.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post