SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ads ads and more ads....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ads ads and more ads.... Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
This has really gotten out of control. It's to the point were you can't look at anything online without ads anymore. They are everywhere interrupting everything. Granted, I know it's how they make money but its become difficult to read an article or watch a video with the lead in ads, the fly in or mid stream ads, they ads that cover last 15 seconds of the video blocking it out so you can't see it.

I swear every few months it gets worse. For god's sake STOP IT!!!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Why don't you use an ad blocker? The Brave browser has one built in and you can download them for other browsers too. It can even block ads in YouTube videos from playing when watching in a browser. Another feature of adblockers is "Element" blocking, which enables you to block elements on a page that can hold ads or other unwanted "features" on particular web pages that you don't want to see. This stuff isn't new. I don't understand why people don't want to use them.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah,

You need to just stay on Sigforum.

No ads is one of the many things that makes this place great!

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get a pop up that says "it looks like you are using an ad blocker. To continue, please disable your ad blocker".
Sorry, nope!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16097 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Hulu is the worst. I signed up in 2018 and it was $35. Now, it's doubled and even more commercials.

The worst is the Pick 1 of 3 for your commercial experience. About 25% of the time it locks up and I have to reboot. Probably not the memory the advertiser was hoping to create.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I get a pop up that says "it looks like you are using an ad blocker. To continue, please disable your ad blocker".
Sorry, nope!

I used to see that but not so much anymore. If it comes up you can "White List" that website and it will turn off the adblocker while visiting that site.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Yeah,

You need to just stay on Sigforum.

No ads is one of the many things that makes this place great!

Unfortunately a lot of the videos and articles posted here are linked to sites that are full of ads. Some of the articles you can't even read unless you pay to subscribe to the news agency.

Literally it is like... f

<Erectile dysfunction ad> I'd like to complain about all of the ads that are popping up in everything lately. Literally you cant <video ad for jardiance with that stupid song> watch a video or read an article without <pop up ad that covers the screen you're reading for leaf guard> having an ad cover what you're reading or interrupt what you're watching. You can't even get to the <AD for next video> end of <Ad for next article> piece without being interrupted <Ad for CNN>

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It's why I foolishly pay for "no ads" everywhere I can.

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Been that way forever, they're just closer to us now with digital devices...

Sign, sign
Everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery
Breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that
Can't you read the sign?

Posts: 23460 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post