SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Office 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Office 365 Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Love/hate relationship going on.

I've had persistent issues with O365, and am about the only one in our whole company that has them.
Stems from needing a backup acct (personal gmail) in addition to out AD/corp account.
Randomly breaks Outlook & Teams. Went through the steps to disassociate the gmail from the work acct & now everything's broken.
I've had issues with Teams pretty much since inception, and with Skype for Business before that. Lync worked well before they started renaming it [Skype]. Outlook breaking is a new one.

The other 2 guys in our IT dept have no issue, which makes it even more puzzling.

Currently having to work via the online portal apps.
Outlook online really sucks
Teams is about the same as local install, but gives no alert for new messages

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I hate msft and o365. PP is truly idiotic. It does things I don’t want and doesn’t do things I want (even though I have it set to do so).

I use it because of IT. I hate it. I look forward to retirement and never having to use msft or O365 again.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Turns out it was a corrupted user profile.
A bit over 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft tech support, and a simple 5 minute fix resolved it.

I'm in IT, but not so much on this side of things.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure how big your company is but from an IT side of things, I would block ALL personal email accounts from being used on work devices.

Posts: 473 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I am having trouble saving Word and Excel documents for some reason. It says they are read only.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am one of the few stuck with Office 365 at my workplace because I use Microsoft Project.

The worst part for me is the 356 email.

The look is just drab and monotone, the email search feature is at the top of the page (unintuitive), the calendar "peek" section that shows you your appointments for the day is always undocking itself.

I didn't realize how good I had it with the old office suite....

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I don't like 365 online. And I don't understand needed a backup email account. It's your company's IT responsibility to make sure you have a backup.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Has anyone said fucking MS Office and migrated to Mac/Apple’s “Numbers”? I ask because I fucking hate Microsoft. I only have MS office at home for xls’s. I maintain the monthly bills’ in a spreadsheet but I could easily do it in notes but I’d like to keep the functionality. If Numbers will do the same damn thing, fuck MS Office. They went to that $50-55 yearly subscription model and I don’t want to pay it any longer. If I need a xls for personal I can email it to my work laptop, do what I need, then email it back to myself. If numbers will work I’m going to cancel this shit so it doesn’t auto renew.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxxpower:
I am one of the few stuck with Office 365 at my workplace because I use Microsoft Project.

The worst part for me is the 356 email.

The look is just drab and monotone, the email search feature is at the top of the page (unintuitive), the calendar "peek" section that shows you your appointments for the day is always undocking itself.

I didn't realize how good I had it with the old office suite....

I have to send and search through a shared email at work on a daily basis. My issue with the search bar isn't even that it's on top, just that it doesn't register that I clicked on it about a third of the time.

That and the shitty "focused" view that you apparently can't turn off and has actually caused me to miss important emails are my biggest issues with Outlook. OWA is disabled by default for security reasons, with it only getting turned on in specific scenarios with excellent business justifications.

I too will ask about the backup email. (If you can't/don't want to explain it say so and I'll drop it. I understand that there are scenarios like insurance investigators where a non-corporate email and Facebook, et al access makes sense, but it wasn't explained.)

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My former coworker had a school account for his master's degree. He had to run it on his work computer due to travel. And that caused all kinds of strange issue for a long time.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
One of my pet peeves is this stupid sign in business. Why would I need to sign in if the app is entirely running locally, all my data is local and I hope nothing is leaving my computer w/o me knowing about it. I should be able to use Office completely offline. And for a company who is trying to promote their inking capabilities, why am I required to sign in order to use the Whiteboard app?

I've moved my personal stuff to Linux/Libre Office but still use MSFT when required to do so. Personal stuff is on Apple (Libre Office, native Apple apps but also Office for some backward compatibility needs) as well; I do sign in there but with value add. I get access to my music, videos, apps, apple card across my devices. MSFT sign in provides absolutely zero benefit in my mind and in fact is a huge annoyance.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post