SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Office 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Office 365 Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Love/hate relationship going on.

I've had persistent issues with O365, and am about the only one in our whole company that has them.
Stems from needing a backup acct (personal gmail) in addition to out AD/corp account.
Randomly breaks Outlook & Teams. Went through the steps to disassociate the gmail from the work acct & now everything's broken.
I've had issues with Teams pretty much since inception, and with Skype for Business before that. Lync worked well before they started renaming it [Skype]. Outlook breaking is a new one.

The other 2 guys in our IT dept have no issue, which makes it even more puzzling.

Currently having to work via the online portal apps.
Outlook online really sucks
Teams is about the same as local install, but gives no alert for new messages

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 12114 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I hate msft and o365. PP is truly idiotic. It does things I don’t want and doesn’t do things I want (even though I have it set to do so).

I use it because of IT. I hate it. I look forward to retirement and never having to use msft or O365 again.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B.Franklin
"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 11437 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Turns out it was a corrupted user profile.
A bit over 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft tech support, and a simple 5 minute fix resolved it.

I'm in IT, but not so much on this side of things.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 12114 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure how big your company is but from an IT side of things, I would block ALL personal email accounts from being used on work devices.

Posts: 447 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post