SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Apparently LBT did not take into account the size of money when designing their wallet!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently LBT did not take into account the size of money when designing their wallet! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Usually their stuff is top notch and on par. My guess is they are just using scraps to make the wallets which is a brilliant idea! But it would have been nice if they actually took into a account the size of folded bills.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25340 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is catering to this group, amongst others.

Posts: 1544 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Curious - given LBT's intended audience, shouldn't their wallets be designed to accommodate various common currencies, not just US$? Perhaps common isn't the right word - currencies used in regions common to the LBT audience?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Look at you, Mister Big-money Guy! Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13412 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you sure that is a wallet and not a CC holder?

Posts: 163 | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Curious - given LBT's intended audience, shouldn't their wallets be designed to accommodate various common currencies, not just US$? Perhaps common isn't the right word - currencies used in regions common to the LBT audience?

LBT’s given audience was/is mainly the US. So one would think that US currency would fit and adding a quarter inch of overall height would be a no brainer.

quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Look at you, Mister Big-money Guy! Razz

Considering there is not even enough cash in there to buy another LBT wallet ain’t no big money guy here.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2001AudiA6:
Are you sure that is a wallet and not a CC holder?

EDC wallet and specifically denotes cash in the description.
https://lbtinc.com/products/rjgbk

————————————————

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Did you contact them?

Posts: 17046 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Did you contact them?

No. It’s a $30 wallet my grumble here sufficed.

————————————————

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It’s on purpose.

Have a hundee sticking out the top so’s all know you’s a balla.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17243 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
You're obviously not folding your bills small enough.

Posts: 3367 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Makes it easier to pull out the bills. It's a feature!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
You're not supposed to put money in there, Cards only, and then you carry a money clip for the dolla dolla bills y'all.

Posts: 2115 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
It say it’s on purpose, how hard would it be to fish out a folded hill way down in there? This way you simply pull it out from the top, give your a little area to pinch. Cards are stronger and can be slid out.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6239 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
It say it’s on purpose, how hard would it be to fish out a folded hill way down in there? This way you simply pull it out from the top, give your a little area to pinch. Cards are stronger and can be slid out.

Never had a wallet trifold, bifold, or flat wallet where the cash stuck out.
Flat wallets you gently squeeze the two outside edges and the cash pocket opens up slightly to pluck the cash out.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
IMO LBT's deal is their logo. Woohoo, it's cool looking, bruh.

As I become more involved in rifle competitions, I changed my clothing from jeans & long t-shirts to more sturdy items. Even tactical-type. LBT was one of the first brands that buddies recommended. I ended up with a couple of shirts and a pair of pants. They were underwhelming in quality from the get go. With not all that much use seams ripped, velcro attachments fell apart, zippers snagged.

There are better companies than LBT out there.

Posts: 7850 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
IMO LBT's deal is their logo. Woohoo, it's cool looking, bruh.

As I become more involved in rifle competitions, I changed my clothing from jeans & long t-shirts to more sturdy items. Even tactical-type. LBT was one of the first brands that buddies recommended. I ended up with a couple of shirts and a pair of pants. They were underwhelming in quality from the get go. With not all that much use seams ripped, velcro attachments fell apart, zippers snagged.

There are better companies than LBT out there.

There is pretty much always a better company out there. I can never afford those.

I only have experience with their packs, plate carriers, and pouch accessories which have all been top notch.
Their logo is pretty slick, hence the reason I just ordered one of their billet lowers but my reason for liking them is their American made goods and American jobs being their focus. Though I think they have a facility in Peru or somewhere like that.
Granted I can only afford their stuff when it is on sale, except I did pay full price for the wallet.

————————————————

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
simple answer... designed to carry plastic not paper.... the new generation does not carry or deal in 'paper' money.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to tell you I think that is normal. I have 2 Saddleback leather wallets of that design. Love them. The first one had a very obvious stitch coming out. They asked for a picture and just sent me a new one and said keep the old one. That stitch always looked like it was coming out but it never moved. Anyway, no matter how few or how many the top edge of cash lips over the edge. I do think it is designed that way.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Cash was an after thought in that design. That wouldn’t carry enough cash to fill my tank.

Posts: 10810 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post