SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    New scam or lost chance
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New scam or lost chance Login/Join 
posted
Was at Wally world. Self checkout flagged me for I.D. because I was purchasing Fluid Film.
Loading bags into car, A black SUV pulls up and stops. Driver rolls down window and sticks his hand out as in an invitation for me to come over and shake hands. I just replied "NO". He says Gracias and drives off rolling up the window. I was on the out end of the parking row.
Did miss my chance to make an International friend? Chance to become a friend of the Cartel ? Was he just longing for some personal physical contact ? I will never know.
Hand was barely extended past the edge of the driver door.

Tales of the WallyWorld

This message has been edited. Last edited by: oldbill123,

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
F that shit.

And shake hands with strangers post-Covid??? Yeah, right.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
An old trick according to a Chicago friend.
You go over to the car and he has a gun and ask for your wallet. Your lucky day.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My inner dog would go hard eye.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43809 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last trip to WalMart I was parked in the handicapped area (disabled veteran, Purple Heart plates, parking placard). Came out to find a guy waiting for me, asked if I could spare a few bucks for a fellow veteran.

I politely declined. He did not seem to appreciate my courtesy, became downright insulting.

Note to self: Handicapped parking spot might just be the new preferred victim zone.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Monkey pox

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Same happened to me a few years ago at Lowe's, except it wasn't a handshake, but he was doing the cheap gold rings for sale scam.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figured a scam at best. I lack the ability to trust people. Also be more careful where I park

posted Hide Post
I would never find out, as I'm not approaching his vehicle.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoboGunLeather:

Note to self: Handicapped parking spot might just be the new preferred victim zone.

No doubt. Perceptibly more likely to avoid confrontation and just give up some cash. Less likely to fight (especially effectively) in a theft or robbery.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
Originally posted by LoboGunLeather:

No doubt. Perceptibly more likely to avoid confrontation and just give up some cash. Less likely to fight (especially effectively) in a theft or robbery.

This handicapped parker carries a 10mm revolver.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Spydie-sense is a valuable commodity. Cool

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
Wal at Wally world. Self checkout flagged me for I.D. because I was purchasing Fluid Film.

“Things you can’t buy at WalMart without ID” could be it’s own thread. The latest for me was black rtv gasket maker. I always wonder what people are doing with what ever I’ve just purchased that requires me to be carded for. I might be missing out on something fun.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You drink it with Oreos and Mentos. Popular south of the border.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Which is the question I have...

What the heck is fluid film?....

Homedepot got me one time for buying spray paint.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It’s the new WD-40.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I am on my morning walk around my neighborhood when I hear a women calling and waving to me. I think she is saying good morning so I wave back and say good morning.
As I continue to walk I see her still waving and calling to me. I am about half a block away so I cant hear exactly what she is saying so I start to go toward her.

The first thing I think of is what kind of trouble am I in for or is this some sort of scam I am being loured into.

I always carry when I am walking mostly in case of someones dog getting loose and charging me with intent to bite me so I am prepared if thing go wrong.

As I get closer I see she is leaning om the side of her house unable to get up. I ask if she need help and she says yes so I help her the best I can. She just needed someones hand to steady her while she is able to get back up on two feet.

We talk for a few minutes and she thanks me and off I go on the rest of my walk. The sad part of the story is the first thing that come to mind is what kind of trouble could I be possibly getting my self into. I ask myself what kind of society have we become and it is sad we have to think this way.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flag at checkout may be due to the new taxes Biden pushed through on chemicals

https://www.wnd.com/2022/07/ne...w-hitting-consumers/

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Which is the question I have...

What the heck is fluid .

I used to us it to spray the internals of my tractor mounted snowblower so the snow wouldn’t stick and plug the discharge chute. One application in the fall lasted all winter.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had heard of it, but never saw it on a shelf before. Some advocate spraying the underside of car as a rust inhibiting action