SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Prime is lying now?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prime is lying now? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Interesting - I ordered something on prime. It's supposed to qualify for 2 day. But they were upfront and indicated 4 day. No big deal, whatever.

I've been watching its transit. It's sourced from, I'm guessing, a warehouse about 2 hours away (by car). But it goes to someplace on the other side of the state. Then it comes back to the same location. Then it goes to another part of the state. Then it comes back to near the original location (same region, different location). Then it goes back to the original location.

All this over the span of 3 days. It's been at the original 3 times now. I have no words, keeping in mind that it started only 2 hours drive away.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Just figured I'd share two fun "PRIME WTF's?" of the last few days.

Been wondering where an item was, plastic J clips for a kydex holster to be exact, swore I ordered them with another item. When I looked to see what's what, I hadn't order them. Okay. I ordered them again, they said they'd be here the next day. Wow, okay. No rush but heck why not. Then literally about two minutes later, I remembered why I didn't need them, and why I didn't order them. Doh!

Back on Amazon, cancel order. I get the notification about they'll try to cancel it, but it may be too late. (4 minutes later?) A while later I get the email saying they're unable to cancel, but if I don't want it I can return it of course. The scheduled next day shipping no show. And the next etc etc. It's like day five now. Still says it's coming, but is delayed. (but they can't cancel it? lol They probably sort of did.)

This morning I go on to price something for the heck of it. Only a buck or two more than in the store, and they say it will be here by 2 PM! Well heck, two bucks is worth not going to the store. So I order it and something else. 2PM comes and goes. The one unimportant item arrives, they one I really need doesn't.

I go on Amazon to see where it is and there's something I've never seen before. They need me to confirm that I still want it? (this is of a medical nature, so yeah I need it, I need it like around 2 pm!)
Seems they can't tell me when it will actually get here, but I need to tell them if I really want it. And if I don't by March 30th, they're going to cancel it. Roll Eyes

Right back to the original rant. I don't care if you can't get me things same day, next day, two days... as long as you don't tell me you can! Don't make promises you can't keep.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rarely see 2 day delivery times for items that are Prime and are fulfilled by amazon. Many have delivery times that are a week out. I don't even get a shipping notification until a couple days out. This started early last fall - thinking it was simply due to the 'holiday rush' starting early I didn't really pay much attention, but it's carried over to the new year.

I'm about 50 min from Minneapolis/St. Paul so it's not like we're out in the middle of no where. I'm almost to the point of canceling prime since they're not providing the service I'm paying for.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
On the other side of the discussion, I ordered some things on Prime yesterday because the price dropped by 30%..two days, no problem.

Had another item set to arrive today. Went to check that it was out for delivery and was surprised to find that the item I ordered yesterday is also out for delivery

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I ordered something more than a week ago. Prime - should have been eligible for 2 day delivery but they indicated multiple days. Fine, it's not urgent but no explanation why it doesn't qualify for 2 days.

But it seems it took a few business days to leave the warehouse to get to the carrier. Took another several days to cross a couple of states. Seems like it'll take about 3 days to get from a location within 60 miles of here.

I do get pkgs w/in the Prime window. But sometimes, with increasing frequency, it's just not delivered when expected. I think it's about 50-50 now.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered some items to be delivered to one of Amazon's lockers. On Thursday, it was out for delivery, then it said that it would arrive later in the day, then it finally went back to the hub. Friday, same thing. No notification or reason. I finally found how to contact customer service. I got referred to the people who run the lockers. There was some issue with that locker, and they needed to service it prior to using it for my order. I finally got the items on Saturday.

Why can't they just say that there is an issue with the lockers? I would have accepted that reason - but the online tracking gave NO reason.

Amazon and customer service probably shouldn't be on the same page, let alone in the same paragraph.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why can't they just say that there is an issue with the lockers?

I'm betting it isn't one of the available options for their auto response

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:

I ordered some items to be delivered to one of Amazon's lockers. On Thursday, it was out for delivery, then it said that it would arrive later in the day, then it finally went back to the hub. Friday, same thing. No notification or reason. I finally found how to contact customer service. I got referred to the people who run the lockers. There was some issue with that locker, and they needed to service it prior to using it for my order. I finally got the items on Saturday.

Why can't they just say that there is an issue with the lockers? I would have accepted that reason - but the online tracking gave NO reason.

Amazon and customer service probably shouldn't be on the same page, let alone in the same paragraph.
I no longer use the lockers. A few years ago I received notification that an item had been delivered to a locker a few minutes from my house. I went to pick it up but the locker would not open, neither the bar code scanner nor the key pad worked. Amazon Customerer NO-Service said they would have the locker repaired in a few days. I told them fine, when they got the locker open they could take the item back, it was food, sitting in a tin locker in the hot Florida sun.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post