SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Halloween
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halloween Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I work for the largest Halloween pop-up. We begin setup in July, open in August and close in November. The Mall back-to-school demand is incredible, but truthfully one of the reasons we open so early is that it takes Aug/Sept to fully train seasonal employees to be able to handle the business that the final 3 weeks of October provide…about 85% of our total season sales.

It’s crazy.

Our outdoor ‘decor’ is one of our largest category, and we easily sell more adult customs than we do kids.

Thanks for that post. I learned some stuff.

Posts: 4754 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm much more of a Thanksgivng and Christmas person myself, but just now I stopped at a different grocer than last week...the candy is going up there too.

Posts: 3378 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sick of the trick or treating. We live in a fairly affluent neighborhood. I kind of enjoyed the little kids coming around, it was a neighborhood event. Over the years, however, kids 16, 17 and 18ish have been coming around, some not even costumed.If you're driving yourself to trick or treat, you're too old. Last year was IT, hoopty cars and vans started pulling in from the 'hoods begging. Last year we gave out 35 pounds of name brand stuff. I'm done. I'll be in a hotel with the wife, either locally or out of town.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I'm done. I'll be in a hotel with the wife, either locally or out of town.

There's really no need to kick yourself out of your own home just to avoid handing out candy to greedy low-effort teenagers during Beg-o-ween.

Simply shut your exterior lights off, and do whatever the hell you want to instead.

Posts: 33031 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Exactly. My neighbor across the street does this. Wants no part of it, and gets none. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13851 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post