SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Honda engine has no add or full marks on dipstick!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honda engine has no add or full marks on dipstick! Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
How hard would it be to include a full mark? Geez Honda. Pressure washer engine, 13 HP.

I have seen them on other Honda engines.

There are hash marks all the way up and down the dipstick, both sides, but no other marks.

Book says fill to "about 3/4 of the way up on the stick".

Drain and fill says 1.1 Qt. I'm going to do that and file a little notch on the dipstick where the oil comes up to for future quick reference.

I can deal with it but it is just... dumb.

My honda engine on my pressure washer is the exact same way - no full mark. For OCD types it's slightly upsetting, but I guess for oil splash type engines, versus oil pump type engines, it's not critical enough to manufacture a dispstick with a specific hash mark fill line when that same dipstick can fit 1,000 other machines from 500 manufacturers. That would be my guess anyway. But in any case from one OCD to another, I feel your pain.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post