SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Disaster & Survival Preparedness    Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka LDS, Mormons)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka LDS, Mormons) Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
You may only know them as the exceptionally-clean-cut, mostly whitebread, young (18-19) men on bicycles spreading the word, but it so happens they are "preppers", although not calling themselves that. Each household is encouraged to store a year's worth of supplies. Although they will share with neighbors, they have no problem using guns to defend against looters. So, as an alternative or additional source of advice on how to store food, water, medicines, etc., visit a Mormon church. They are also big on genealogy.

(I have some direct, but old, experience. My mom and dad converted in 1974.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,
 
Posts: 32126 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
There used to be places where they would sell items ready to store away. You did not have to be LDS to buy from them, but I am not sure they still exist.
 
Posts: 5233 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
There used to be places where they would sell items ready to store away. You did not have to be LDS to buy from them, but I am not sure they still exist.


Last time I was in Utah I believe I saw the stores you are talking about, lots of dry goods and supplies.
 
Posts: 4518 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I knew a guy who was in a LSD sect. This guy was preparing with his church for Y2K.
The church members bought some land way out in the desert and buried an old school bus.
The bus stored supplies, ammo, MREs and water for the coming doom.
 
Posts: 1970 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
No affiliation. Prices seem reasonable.

https://store.churchofjesuschr...storage/5637169327.c


A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.
 
Posts: 5037 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
There is a LDS Home Food Storage near me.

I can buy individual Number 10 cans, or by the case lot, there.

Click link here, pricelist.

If you have one near you go check it out.

I’ve never been asked about my religious affiliation or anything like that.
.
 
Posts: 12271 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Disaster & Survival Preparedness    Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka LDS, Mormons)

© SIGforum 2026