SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    OK, so now we have to learn which of the many recipes works well on basic pistol cleaning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK, so now we have to learn which of the many recipes works well on basic pistol cleaning Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
I've seen various recipes for use with ultrasonic cleaners. Now I need to collect discussions, recommendations and recipes for cleaning old steel hand guns. If you've got a favorite to share, please list it here. My machine is due for delivery by next Wednesday.

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What machine/brand did you get?

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
settled on "US Solid" 15L. Specs seemed good, and with "6" transducers, plus heat to 176* seems adequate. 1 year warranty. Speculation on all models as far as I could see. Thought it was US made but was mistaken. Still good spec sheet.

They were out of the 10L; the 15L basket size seemed just what my intended use needs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: signewt,

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I use Simple Green diluted in hot water, except on Aluminum parts. A couple drops of dish detergent in hot water, for those.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Bore tech has become my cleaner of choice .
No aluminum in the ultrasonic cleaner. Soda blaster with baking soda for aluminum parts.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post