SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Greyguns Lever Enhancment System any reviews plz
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greyguns Lever Enhancment System any reviews plz Login/Join 
Picture of cyberphobia
posted
Any members here bought the Greyguns
SIG Enhanced Leverage System for their 226 DA/Sa to reduce that long DA pull?
Or have you gone the SRT,adjustable trigger or Hammer Strut?? or a combination of?
Some reviews comparisons plz
The 226 is for Steel and IDPA only not duty or personal carry.
I have been breaking this nearly new 226 born in 2017 in.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2418 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I use the ELS in three of mine.
Also have an SRT, strut and an Armory Craft hammer in them.

The DA pull is the about the same length but much smoother and comes in at 6.5 pounds.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
All 3 thanks.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2418 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
All three came in the same.
6.5 pound DA and a 3.5 pound SA with 20 pound springs with the superstrut and 19 pound with a GGI strut.

GGI has curved ELS triggers but mine are straight.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I have three versions of the straight trigger.
The M11A1 got the first type, the EDC/SOT
Then they changed it to the ELS and the trigger shoe was straighter as on the railed 229.
When they released the ELS hybrid I put it in the Legion.

Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Nice trio thanks for the info.
Did you put just the ELS in any of the sigs and try it before adding the strut and stuff?

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I had the first one before the struts came out, second trigger for that one.
I installed an Armory Craft hammer and trigger at first.

Didn't like the AC trigger and the new EDC/SOT kit claimed a smoother pull.
It did but when I swapped out the new style short strut for a superstrut it was the final piece of the puzzle so to speak.

I put a strut in the railed 229 first.
I used a GGI strut in the legion so installed it at the same time and put the hammer in last.
OEM hammers and SRT sear have a bit of creep on SA, the AC hammer has a different angle that eliminates the creep and makes for a clean break.

My old 220 has a lot of creep after installing a SRT using a stock hammer.
I may end up using a GGI sear kit instead as it's supposed to have better angles over the Sig SRT. Already have a superstrut in it.

Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Sir.
The 2017 E2 226 I bought was hardly used I stripped insp and reinstalled everything the price was under 500.
I asked about these mods to find out if just one of the greyguns products would help with the DA pull do not know if I would put all those extras into it.
Many thanks.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've not tried the ELS, but I am curious about it. I've installed Grayguns strut systems on a couple of guns that had particularly bad factory triggers and was very happy with the results...happy enough that I couldn't quite justify spending another $185 for the full ELS treatment because there just didn't seem to be enough room left for $185 worth of improvement.

Posts: 9248 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the additional info.
Yes that extra 183 is daunting.
Now what is different with the greyguns strut than the original?
Is the strut thicker at the spring section?,is the angle of the strut at the hammer end different?
I know the hammer spring weight is less.
My 226 has the E2 slide strut with the short base.
The kit will be drop in.
Smile

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Supposedly the Grayguns strut is a bit thicker and fills the spring better so it can't kink or bind. I don't have any way to verify that, however it is definitely better machined and polished than the factory struts.

Most factory struts have forging or casting imperfections on the spring-guide portion of the part, and I've had a couple that even had pitts in the stirrup where it interfaces with the hammer, resulting in a horribly grinding and gritty DA trigger pull. Sometimes you can stone and polish a factory strut and clean some of that up, but I had one that was so bad I'd have had to remove way too much material to get rid of all the pitts and it would have compromised the part. That one got me to go out and buy my first Grayguns strut, and when I received it I became a believer.

The quality of workmanship and attention to detail is perfect...all the engagement surfaces are finely polished and there's no lumps or rough spots on the spring guide. I've bought three now and they've all been perfectly finished...a far cry from the variance I've seen in the factory parts.

Posts: 9248 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The superstrut and the GGI strut have different geometry that compresses the spring in a straight line.
The Sig struts have the spring compounding on one side while compressed and making contact with the strut.
E2 strut

Superstrut, the GGI is the same.

The struts cleaned up the DA pull more than anything else did IMO.

Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
woow look at that, nice one powermad,thanks and 92fstech thank you for your input.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Finally ordered a greyguns super hammer strut 19lb spring assembly and sear spring for the 226 DA/SA see if helps with the DA weight.

And 17/19lb spring set.

My old 226 ELITE SAO has the older short strut spring and long base assy.
Im going to replace the old type hammer strut on my 226 SAO with the E2 strut out of my 226 DA/SA with greyguns lesser power spring and sear spring not really worried about the SAO it is nice but got a discount.

I use the 226 DA/SA more than the 226 SAO.

My 229 SAO LEGION is the personal and is great as it came from SIG!

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

posted Hide Post
I just installed the GG hammer strut in my 226 Tacops and it maked it a lot smoother shooting. I need to play with the trigger now.

Sig 556
Sig M400
P226 Tacops
P229 Legion
P320 X compact

Posts: 467 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:
I just installed the GG hammer strut in my 226 Tacops and it maked it a lot smoother shooting. I need to play with the trigger now.
Cool

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
replaced the sear spring; hammer strut assembly strut, spring base on the 226 DA/SA including a 17lb spring....greyguns parts.

replaced the factory spring and sear spring on the 226 SAO with greyguns sear spring and 17lb hammer spring.

Dry fire with a SNAP CAP I cannot tell any difference on the 226 DA/SA in DA or SA, the 226 SAO again no difference.

Will shoot them both next week for live fire function test.

See what live rounds do to the action.

Both guns are range completion only.

I kept the 229 SAO Legion as is.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised that you can't feel the difference in DA with a 17lb spring. I found that difference to be pretty drastic, even with the 19lb spring (I went with the heavier one for reliability).

As to differences in the "quality" of the DA trigger pull, I think a lot of that depends on the condition of the factory parts you were starting with. I've had some factory struts and hammer surfaces that were very rough from the factory, and swapping in the Grayguns parts made a huge difference. I've got others that are really good from the factory and I am leaving those alone, as there's not much room for improvement.

I don't think the SA pull will be impacted much, if at all, by a strut replacement. A lighter sear spring will create less resistance, but they still have to leave enough tension there to safely keep the sear engaged, so I think any improvement to the SA pull is going to be more theoretical than practical. But pretty much every DA/SA Sig I've ever owned had an excellent SA pull out of the box, so it's not something I've ever really felt the need to try and improve.

Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I know terrible innit the test will be live fire; the trigger is very smooth from the factory, this 226 DA/SA was nearly new when I bought it in MAY, for a 2017 pistol the action was nice except that DA.

I suppose the DA might be less heavy but I will soon know on SAT when I shoot a match and I see where the first bullet hole is on the target, down to left like always on my first DA pull or up to the right.
The SA bullet is always on target and of course the SA might be too light dont want a Hair Trigger do we.

Yes the 226 SAO ELITE action, I only bought the spring set because I got a discount, the trigger is well worn in after 10 years.
I will find out on SAT if the pull is too light on the 226 SAO ELITE at the match.
I swap the 226's half way through.
See what happens with live fire with the lighter springs.
Again no hir triggers needed.
If the triggers are too light and I get failure to fire, I will swap to the 19lb springs.

Thanks for the comment Mate.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Ran both the guns on Sunday Steel Challenge, the spring and strut did make a difference with Live Fire on the old 226 DA/SA
Im not hitting 7 o'clock low anymore in DA on the DA/SA 226; SA it works.

The 226 SAO with the 17lb spring well I could not fault it let us say that.
Now I have to figure out why the 226 DA/SA does not hit point of aim with 8 and 8 sights I have to aim just below the 12 o'clock position.
Yet the 226 SAO with 8 and 8s hits the target at the point of aim.

These steel targets are 10 yards away minimum.
Shooting IDPA on SAT targets much closer see where the strikes are on the targets.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO