SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Refinishing services for grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refinishing services for grips Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a set of Hogue aluminum grips for my P239 in the glossy black and don't really care for it, has anyone had them refinished to the matte black and can you recommend a location.

Posts: 263 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Have you considered a very light once over with a 3M pad? Just enough to knock down the sheen.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably be better off just selling them and buying a new set. Gonna take a hit regardless.

My own preference is G10's. None of the drawbacks of aluminum and functionally equivalent.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could try forum member coyotekiller. He's always had rock-bottom prices and does small parts in Norrel's Molyresin as well as complete guns.

Regardless of finish, the aluminum grips tend to show every nick and ding.

Best bet would be to follow Nipper's advice unless you really want something different.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post