SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Pro vs Con re: the SRT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pro vs Con re: the SRT Login/Join 
posted
Guys

I just picked up a P-220 with the SRT. I have a 239 with the original trigger.

I like the SRT in the 220 and would like to put one in the 239 but I remember reading years ago that there were some trade off or controversy about using the SRT in the 239.

Is there a trade off? Pro or cons?

Thanks

Posts: 82 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Short Reach or Short Reset? One is a thin trigger, the other is a few internal parts that shorten the reset stroke.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reset stroke.

Posts: 82 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, please clarify whether you are referencing the physical trigger or the Short Reset Trigger (SRT), which isn't a trigger at all.

If you are confused, don't feel bad. Compliments of Sig nomenclature, it happens all the time. Smile

See my detailed explanation of the two here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...050022924#3050022924

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FWP:
Reset stroke.

Based on this, I'd assume he means short reset.

I may be remembering wrong, but I think one of the concerns for the factory SRT mod was that it doesn't allow the firing pin safety to drop back into place. If one were to fire the gun, hold the trigger back, and experience hammer follow due to a malfunction, the gun would fire again. Granted, there's probably a really small chance of that happening.

I installed a SRT kit in my X5 Allround and my P229, and I did not notice a degradation of the trigger pull in DA or SA in either.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I like the short reset trigger. I install it on all of my Sigs.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys! You answered my questions.

I'm going to purchase the kit for my 239. If I find any issues I can always switch it back.