SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P220 Hammer- how to stone the sear face?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Hammer- how to stone the sear face? Login/Join 
posted
Hi,

I have a problem. I have a P220 Elite and had my LGS cerakote it, including visible small parts.

I thought I'd clearly indicated that I didn't want any part of the hammer below the pivot hole cerakoted, for fear of covering the sear/hammer mating face.

It seems I wasn't clear.

It also seems that the actual sear/hammer interface surface is inside a narrow rectangular notch.

I am very familiar with stoning the hammer/sear interface on Ruger/S&W/Colt revolvers, and 1911s/BHP/BabyEagle/Tokarev/Femaru/Ruger 22s/Star/P38/glock pistol designs- as I've worked all of the above over [and then, I could add the rifles/shotguns to the mix]. I am a noob in regards to Sigs, but not a noob overall.

However, I am NOT a gunsmith, and don't claim to be.

That said, I don't have a stone that fits inside that notch for my Sig P220 Elite.

Is there a really thin arkansas stone for this application?

Or, is it best just to buy a new hammer from TopGunSupply/et al, and start over?

The sear wasn't cerakoted, so it is untouched.

This is the P220 Stainless Elite, so I do want the trigger to be SMOOOOOTH. It isn't a knock-around carry piece.

thanks for you input.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent you an eMail.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post