SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P220 SAS DAO Conversion to DA/SA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 SAS DAO Conversion to DA/SA Login/Join 
posted
Hi! I just recently discovered that some Sigs that are DAO can be converted to DA/SA with a decocker. My first Sig was a full sized P220 45acp with a decocker and I loved it. Fast forward decades and I find myself with a P220 SAS DAO that I would LOVE to convert to DA/SA but here’s the kicker, my P220 doesn’t have a decocker bearing hole in the frame! Does anyone know if this can still be converted and by whom? Obviously the frame will need drilled out.
I appreciate any help!

Posts: 17 | Location: Bentleyville, PA | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember Robert Burke TheSigArmorer doing some CDNN P220C years ago.

Might be worth contacting him and finding out if he is still doing them and if its cost effective to mess with.

https://www.thesigarmorer.com/

Posts: 18116 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much, and I will contact him.

Posts: 17 | Location: Bentleyville, PA | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, strike one. Sig Sauer custom shop said that they are not set up to convert my frame to DA/SA so they are out. The Sig Armorer did get back to me and they wanted to see some photos of my frame. So far I haven’t heard back from them. Hopefully they can do it.!

posted Hide Post
Strike two. Robert Burke (the Sig Armorer) says:
No provision for the decocker. You’ll have to stick with DAO.
Frustrating. I was very excited at the possibility!

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Well thats all i have to recommend. Looks like its DAO or selling it.

Posts: 18116 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you though!!!