SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Replacing Main Spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacing Main Spring Login/Join 
posted
I replaced the main spring on my Sig P220 SSE and now want to install the factory spring back on it. The pin the spring fits on moved and now I can’t get the pin back in the correct position. I placed the pin where it looked centered and placed the spring on it and then back in place. The trigger won’t function. Help!

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
By "pin", do mean the hammer strut? You need to use the correct nomenclature if you expect help.

A common mistake is not to place the hammer strut far enough back in the frame opening. The hammer strut must go as far back as it can.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry I did not use the correct terminology when posing my question - I am not that well versed with the various pistol parts. I did luck out and was able to place the “hammer strut” in the appropriate position.

Thank you.

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post