SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig sight size?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig sight size? Login/Join 
posted
Picked up a 2016 made 225A1. Great condition but as can be expected, sights are dim.

Would like to replace them with the originals.
Front sight is clearly a 6.
Rear is tough to read. Pretty sure 6 also.

Is that ok? a 6 and 6? Usually they are 8 and 6.
Any other way to measure?

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I would bet the rear is a #8.

If you remove the sight and use some calipers or micrometer, a #8 rear measures 6.35mm/0.25" tall. A #6 rear measures 5.80mm/0.23" tall.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot it with the 6 and 6.(looks like a 6 to range guy as well)

Held dead center of target and that's where it grouped. Front sight held right on target.

So with the taller rear (8) and aiming with poa just above front sight, it should still group there?

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P225/P6. I put 8/8 on it to match what was on my 226, 229, and 2022. In the old days Sig used to say to put the bulls eye on top of the front sight post. I shoot at 10+ yards usually on paper and my POA is dead center of the bullseye circle.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post